about a commercial non-game use !

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Gregou

Oct 16, 2003
Happy to see the UE2 release !

Where can I have somes informations about a commercial "non-game" use of the UE2-runtime ?

Thanks a good "life" to this forum !

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
-Gregou said:
Happy to see the UE2 release !

Where can I have somes informations about a commercial "non-game" use of the UE2-runtime ?

Thanks a good "life" to this forum !
Here's the information you've been looking for:
The UnrealEngine2 Runtime is for non-commercial use only. So whatever you do, you can't make money with it.

For commercial use your only choice it to buy an Unreal Engine license, I suppose that's basically the same as the UE2 Runtime, probably without that example map, but definately with the complete source code.

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
Hello, Gregou. Wormbo is correct. The runtime is free for non-commercial use, but available for commercial licensing. Please contact Epic Games if you wish to use the runtime in a commercial fashion, at licensing@epicgames.com