a stupid question...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
This is probably a really dumb question, but being that I'm still trying to get the hang of UnrealED, I couldn't quite figure this out. How would I specifically create a moving brush that doesn't need to be triggered, but simply continues to move regardless of what the player does? (The idea here is a rotating brush, like a moving gear on a piece of machinery). I'm sure the answer is simple, but I haven't been able to find a tutorial yet that tells me how to do it. Will one of the many sickeningly talented mappers on this forum enlighten me in my ignorance?:B

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well, what I've done, and this may not be the best way, is to attach a timed trigger to it. Then set the time to like right away, and make sure it repeats.
Jaymian

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
nawww....thats the hard way... just make it a revolving mover(i think thast what its called) then theres some properties you need to change around...

let me open up the editor and tell you everything.

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
Yep right click on mover brush than select rotate mover and than go to properties and than rotate mover than set the yaw or whatever else is in there (i think theres only 3 options each spins a diff way)to a number like 500 and the higher ya go the faster it will spin:)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well good to hear. I knew there had to be a better way.
Jaymian

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
damn i love movers but watch out and dont use to many i used like 8 in one room and only 4 would work at a time and it had tons of slowdown,this is in a unrealistic map im makin it would have been real cool they were like those gient oil pumpy doohichys but i deleted them now.

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys, I'll try those out. Still trying to understand all the mechanics here.
Maybe one day I'll be able to get an actual INF map out, hehe.
Your help is appreciated
:)

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
not sure what you mean..... Maggot because my online handle is AeroMaggot. Don't ask me where I got it or what it means, because I don't know:D