A slight confusion (prone PathNodes)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UTProphet

Trial By Fire
Dec 8, 2000
tbf.clanspot.com
I'm a little confused on what I'm supposed to use for going prone and crawling under a fence, then getting back up again. What kind of pathnodes do i use (actor class) and how do i place them (position and properties)? Thanks a lot. The way i have it now, the bots hit one of the nodes, go prone, then get back up a split second later without going under the fence.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
I know there's an ambushpoint actor that's custom for INF that allows you to specify if the bot should crouch, prone or stand while sniping.. but I don't think there is one for general bot movements.

Mike

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I feel that we don't realy need those kinds of nodes that much right now, but I think we should be able to control what direction the bots face.

EG: Pathnode one is facing west [number of degrees here ] and ends with a path node facing the same general direction.

This would improve tactical abilities for the poor bots 10 fold.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
Here's one for you. In this Eurotown map I was trying to figure out how to pathnode it so that the bots would run down the edge of the streets and when they encountered an enemy they would run to the nearest recessed doorway to use as cover. They will step into the doorways when walking down the street but they just step right out again and continue moving on and if there are enemies they completely ignore them and just walk in the open.

I really suck at botpathing since I've never added it to my maps before so I'm at a loss as to how to do this.

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
Dunno if this will work but it's the best I can come up with...:)
use an INF-Spot (correct name?) to let a bot go into prone
use a Lift-Exit-Center-Exit combo to guide the bot under the fence
use another INF-Spot to make that bot stand up again.

UTProphet

Trial By Fire
Dec 8, 2000
tbf.clanspot.com
what the hell? how can they not be able to go from node to node while prone. Can't I set it to one way and make the other one its target or something? This NEEDS to be done somehow! I'll code it myself if I have to dammit!