1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

A simple observation

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by SealClubber, Mar 13, 2006.

1. K.N.I.F.E

K.N.I.F.E Dressed in Pink

OH NOES I CANT DANCE!!!1! But I like the sound of that and the random level generator.

2. An1mus

An1mus New Member

I would, and i play. I still play UT99 and i love it ='). Of course it doesnt have those great UT2k4 graphics, but it's gameplay makes up for it. If only they did UT2k7 a similiar to UT99 in terms of gameplay (or even better)... and it would be a bomb like UT99 was in its time.:rolleyes:

3. SealClubber

SealClubber Not biased

Makes sense to me right here, awesome post!

This is so ironic that you mention the issue being a dead and beaten horse! Because ya know what else is a dead and beaten horse... The rest of your reply saying that UT2007 will suceed because of those points that people made when waiting on UT2003/4 also...

The last part is correct thou, the only way to really see if the game is for you is to download the demo and see for yourself. :)

4. chillypacman

chillypacman New Member

lets say they both add up, its best to have both eh

In either case I have been giving thought to going and getting myself the original ut and give that a few runs through, I think I mentioned before the map designs of that game were awesome hence the gameplay rocked (if only in part). Theres just no going past classics...

5. An1mus

An1mus New Member

yeah. It would be great to have maps like CTF-Gauntlet,Sprinta,BrokenLimits,EternalCaves, etc back in ut2k7.

I dont know if they even exist on UT2k4

6. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

Are you saying that UT2003/04 sucked? 'cuz they waz da bombzorz. Seriously though, they're good games. UT99 was the progenitor to a whole series of games that with each successive installment, improved and added new elements of gameplay. UT99 started off the whole thing but it had crazy powerful and unbalanced weapons (+ the whole headshot w/ sniper thing was a little bit too easy to do). UT2003 balanced the gameplay a bit by toning down weapons like the flak cannon and the rocket launcher. UT2004 added vehicles and onslaught. I mean c'mon, you can't have played Ut2004 and not loved onslaught. THis is why I disagree w/ your observation though. Sometimes it's true but in the case of the Unreal Series, each one gets better and better so I can't wait for UT2007.

7. the_artist

the_artist who can't actually draw (aka kupoartist)

UT2007 snorts coke and hangs around with Pete Doherty? I hope she has the sense to keep him away from her Soundtrack.

8. briach

briach ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

If you think ut2k4's gameplay and other FPS's gameplay aren't as pretty as RTS, then you need to get into the competitive scene, where strats, tactics and mental techniques are deep.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  9. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Village Idiot

UT2K4 gameplay not as good as RTS? Bhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha :lol:

I nearly fell off my chair when I read that...