A new option idea for Jailbreak

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Artman40

Aug 3, 2002
Somewhere
Visit site
Sometimes jailbreak maps aren't balanced and rounds can take forever, because reaching the enemy relase switch(es) is very easy caused by not-too-best map design.

The new option idea is called 'Maximum relases per round'. This will make the relase switch so they can be triggered only limited times per round. After the relase switch is triggered to the limit, it gets jammed and the only ways out of the jail now are the arena match or escape route (I hope that there will be more maps with these). There should be bot support so they don't trigger the lock when only 1 or 2 players are in jail.

What do you think?

Last edited:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
While I enjoy teasing Spudsy about defence, to prevent the easy-reaching of switches does require a bit of defence.

One challenge that JB makes is to reclaim your own base and kill those campers, which I quite like here-and-there.

While the idea in principle is good, I think that this Add-On would fall foul to idiots who don't quite get the idea of a release limit. Maybe a different approach could be taken, like a limit to the number of releases per minute, etc. Of course, both could be coded just to make the addon have plenty of options.

It is quite a nice play on the rules actually, and thats what Add-Ons are meant for, so yes, I think its quite a good idea.

Silas Mercury

May 28, 2005
Toledo Ohio
Putting a maximum to the number of times the release can be triggered per minute seems like a very good idea. It would stop lock campers from constantly releasing every team member as they were jailed.

Oddly enough, some of the matches that were the most fun for me were the ones where the match takes forever to finish because the teams are evenly balanced. It turns into this titanic struggle for dominance, with the last free player having to release his team (usually against the entire defending team for some odd reason) several times. If he releases them he is truly a hero, if he fails then... well... yeah.

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Interesting idea.
But as has been said, a match could really be spoiled by an idiot who's not taken the time to understand how it works and wastes all your team's releases. (Maybe have an option for the number of releases to be per player?)

You'd need to implement some way of letting the team know how many releases. A message when you touch the release switch saying "4 more releases left". Or maybe even a number floating above the switch.

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I like the idea as an add-on, however online play I'm not sure about. It does take away the jail campers who raid your base after a while, because let's be honest people, taking back your own base can be a pain.