a new mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

migwell

Dec 12, 2002
Visit site
Just blew out my second PNY GeForce 4 card (covered under a lifetime warranty at least) so I am back playing the older games on my back up GF2 card and found Silent Assassin.

So far I have played some single player but cannot save a game, which means restarting from the beginning every time... And I played a bot map with the same problem although I don't know if these games are saveable, though it plays like single player. Maybe my problems result from my not being able to use the installer patch file (didn't really read the online directions and there is no readme included with the file...) Why have it separate anyway?

But anyway, the mod looks good and I have been having fun as far as I have gotten. Good swift gameplay although one pistola against two heavily armed guards in the botmatch level is a bit of overkill for a beginner. Lots of good work shows in this mod. Pretty lonely here on the forum.

ShortCutMan

Dec 16, 2002
In a chair!
Visit site
For the saving, did you launch Silent Assassins from the SaLauncher in your UnrealTournament\System directory? That might help. :)
Forum is kind of lonely because its just new.

livingtarget

BulletCatcher
Mar 15, 2002
Aberdeen
I can confirm that what shortcutman says is right, you need to run the SaLauncher to save and fully enjoy the game. It's my fault that i forgot to put a readme in the installationfix zip. Although i did recall adding one to the main file.
If you aren't able to run the launcher, you might be able to launch the game with these commands: "UnrealTournament.exe sacredits.unr?Face=?Game=?Skin=?Voice= Team=0 Ini=SilentAssassins.ini Userini=SaUser.ini Log=SaLog.log -nolog"

livingtarget

BulletCatcher
Mar 15, 2002
Aberdeen
ah plans for the new engine, they are there. However not at all set. IF we do it, it will be for unreal2. However we aren't going to work on it anytime soon. First I want the UT version of it finished. Plus the team knows the UT engine better.

bstef9950{TOC}

Feb 22, 2004
Chicago,IL.USA
Migwell-How do you keep blowing these cards (overclocking) ? i have a G-Force4-Ti4400 PNY never a problum and i overclock a little...at a time

Last edited: