1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

A new gun that was not announced in 2.87!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by NTKB, Feb 21, 2002.

1. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

I'm with randomas. The vanilla FAMAS is quite the weapon. Very solid, it has fairly manageable recoil and gives me a fair amount of confidence that my target won't survive. The lethality of it has come in very handy during my suppressive fire bouts.

Learning to use it effectively requires many different skillsets than I developed with the other weapons. First, it helps to get really good at target acquisition and quick aiming. In addition to that, keeping you gun in motion to maintain your situational awareness is key. Try not to use it like a porthole.

I'm really starting to love it, and I think it's making me a better player as well.

2. {Ghetto_Ghepetto}

{Ghetto_Ghepetto} I am #1 Asian big boob queen!

DOH!!!!!

3. {Ghetto_Ghepetto}

{Ghetto_Ghepetto} I am #1 Asian big boob queen!

I actually used to be a quite extensive P90 whore. But then I noticed that I'm much better with an MP5 =0P Since then, I haven't fully been able to use the P90 sights. =0(

4. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

I started out with the MP5 as my primary CQB weapon ... the Sig came out and I got all excited and switched to it, pimped it in the forums, claimed i'd found the perfect gun ... and still ended up going back to the MP5.

Same for the P90

Same for the FAMAS

Dunno why, but I just always seem to return to it.

5. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

That's because the MP5 is so well suited to it's role. I wonder if corrected sights will alter anybodies perception of the MP5?

6. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

Well, my guess would be that with the proper sight the MP5 might almost become as challenging to use as the FAMAS, but with a slightly more comfortable "feel" and recoil...

7. Pshyco

Pshyco New Member

Im actually good with the Famas. on a map with a river in like a city i use it alot and I use it good. I got over 30 100+ meters with it. its actually a good gun when you get the hang of it.

8. DooMfreak

DooMfreak New Member

I perfer to take the FA MASG2 into many situations. However, I like to use a variety of weapons for different maps. FA MASG2, M16A2, MP5/40, SG551, and more recently the M3S90 and AKMSU.

9. WeeD.Falcon

WeeD.Falcon Dutch by design..

i tried famas, i kept returning to teh old weapons, i think that when you are proning ducking the sights are very good, but then u must not be too tired or else the sights get screwed up and u cant aim at anything, i prefere the m16, sights take some gettin used too, but its ideal for sniuiping without a scope or anything..

10. [sixpack]Gecko

[sixpack]Gecko Packer for Life

My favourite gun changes almost every day, but like Zundfolge said, I always return to the good ol' MP5. It's just a saweet weapon :D

11. UTProphet

UTProphet Trial By Fire

We're already missing peripheral vision :p