A new DEagle attachment or rather something to attach you Eagle too

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
I don't know, when wearing body armour a 9mm shouldn't pose much of a problem, the recoil is allready pretty low, so the impact ditributed over a larger surface (dur to the armor) should not pose much of a problem.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Check again. The PSAGT helmet WITH VISOR provides LvlIIa protection (visor LVLII, or other way around) Both which will stop a 9mm easilly.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Amazing... A DE thread, with no snide remarks from shaKKen, and not even his usual ramblings about it not being milspec, crap or anything else of the sort... luckily for you, I'm too tired to do it for him.

we all know .357sig is the best all round cartridge (and if you didn't know, you do now :)), so lets all go get a Glock 31

Pleuresaap

Corporal Cock
Apr 18, 2001
up yours
Visit site
The PSAGT helmet WITH VISOR provides LvlIIa protection
BAH!!! I don't like that helmet. Inf will be like counter strike with guys needing 2 full magazines berfore they drop. nono it will be wworse then CS with even no headshot kill.......

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
Ok, anyone who says the de is bad or outdated or useless needs to play against me one on one. I'll use DE, you can use whatever the hell you want. I'll show you how useless the DE can be.

Damn kids. I swear, i outa smack the lot of ya.

Untill my DE can't compete with an M16 you leave the DE alone!

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
---Thats because the DE isnt implemented right
If it were, the "activate attatchment" key would be bound to "unjam" ----

no that would be the Chauchat Machine gun. and it would take you an hour to unjam it. And not only that, but it's said to be impossible to fire a whole mag without a jam...

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
The way I see it, the Dessert Bagle is for wankers who are too preoccupied with their own looks (thats why its shiny, so they can check their hair).

"Get rid of that sissy nickel plated pistol and get yourself a Glock" 31 in the most awesome caliber ever, .357sig :D

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
Hmm... let me think about that...

NO :p

gold_gun%20(2).jpg

*sung to a familiar disney tune* :D
a pimpin we will go... a pimpin we will go... hi there ho, a-hows it go?
a pimpin we will go...

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
DE and armor

erm, hmm....Keep the DE, maybe bump up it's caliber tho. As to the jaming issue, guys, get real, every weapon jams some more than others, true but don't 'dis the DE just because you don't like the way it looks. A bullet is still a bullet. A bigger one, moving faster, is better ; ) The only problem I could see with the DE is that is has a lot more mass and should reduce your movment times on aiming it (just a little) and that it's recoil is a lot heavier, which, is partialy what the lower ROF translates to IMO. Gas opperation doesn't slow it down that much and being single action has no affect (after all, the MP5, M16 and swat carbine are all gass opperated)

As to armor. Hmmm...well it depends on the armor type I'd say. The whole teflon thing is pure bunk, they tested them against level 1 vests which, normal rifle rounds will tear right through (.223, 7.62, .308, etc) due to their very high energy states.

You guys go ahead and don yer armor..............I'll be polishing my Barret and waiting ; )

I'd like to see realistic animations...(while on the subject of sniping with a freak'n cannon)

Joe:"clear"
Bob:"cover me"
Joe: <---- sound of Joe's head turning to pulp and a light mist
Bob:"Joe?!"
Joe: *thump*
*Bob hears report finally*

the golden BB will getcha ; )

Fun fact: in theory, if you fire a weapon that ejects it's spent brass on a perfectly level ground, with the barrel perfectly level (i.e. ignoring the sites) the bullet and the brass will hit the ground at almost the same time ; )

Laters!

Streaks

Smith and Wesson - The first point and click device!

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
actually, if i remember right, the mp5 is delayed-blowback...or roller-locking... damn, i can't remember what it was called... :con:

as for the comparison of an m16s gas-operation to the DE's... the 5.56 generates buttloads more pressure than the .50AE, or .357, for that matter... and, of course, the m16 is "single action," so to speak...

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Anyway this info I got from somebody who actually owns a DE.

The DE does have a tendency to jam, but only if you fire it improperly, that is if you "limp wrist" it (not completely sure was a while ago). If you fire it properly, IE get a good grip and absorb the recoil with your arms. It will never jam.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
actually, i don't know of a single handgun that won't jame if you limpwrist it... (semi-auto, recoil-operated, that is)

[edit] stupid instaposter... *grumble grumble* :D [/edit]