A New Car(s)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GoAt

Never wrong
Nov 3, 2001
USA
Visit site
We're going to need @QUALTHWAR to invent a time machine so you can go back in time.

I had forgotten that Rukee used a trackball. I think he might have used a joystick too, or was that Cat Fuzz?

I do remember a joystick user. It might have still been Rukee. (or Cat Fuzz)
Maybe hold off on the time machine. It is very likely i would fall into a disgusted rage and beat myself out of existence.

Reactions: oosyxxx

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I'm sorry to say, but the Rukee has passed away, a little over a year ago. May he rest in peace, and DM-Toberus live forever.

"Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!"

giphy.gif

I know this is old news but I didn't get it at the time.

Wow Rukee....................... RIP.

There are a couple ways of looking at that (my) assessment: Sterile, no compassion, or we all are a part of this vast universe.

Rukee will live on as a part of our universe.
Well said... amen to that.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
I know this is old news but I didn't get it at the time.

Wow Rukee....................... RIP.

Well said... amen to that.

Yeah man. A time came when I realized that Rukee hadn't posted in a while. I decided to look up his RL name to see if I saw anything. It turned out he had died. I read it in a newspaper obituary. I knew his name because I had went to see him a couple times. Was quite a drive ;) But he was cool IRL. I always wished Rukee and Spiritwalker could have shared a beer and a laugh. That would have been a picture-perfect moment. That would have given a lot of people a lot of hope.

Reactions: Manticore

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Yeah man. A time came when I realized that Rukee hadn't posted in a while. I decided to look up his RL name to see if I saw anything. It turned out he had died. I read it in a newspaper obituary. I knew his name because I had went to see him a couple times. Was quite a drive ;) But he was cool IRL. I always wished Rukee and Spiritwalker could have shared a beer and a laugh. That would have been a picture-perfect moment. That would have given a lot of people a lot of hope.
Yeah damn............. sad to hear.

I often wonder about this guy:

https://forums.beyondunreal.com/members/gopostal.51725/
gopostal
gopostal was last seen: Oct 10, 2019
51725.jpg

I knew he was in ill health some years ago. It didn't sound good at all and he hasn't been here since 2019 and he used to be a solid BUF'er.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Yeah damn............. sad to hear.

I often wonder about this guy:

https://forums.beyondunreal.com/members/gopostal.51725/
gopostal
gopostal was last seen: Oct 10, 2019
51725.jpg

I knew he was in ill health some years ago. It didn't sound good at all and he hasn't been here since 2019 and he used to be a solid BUF'er.

I hadn't met him or spent as much time on BUF, so I'm not sure if I'm familiar with him.

Like Qualthwar said, it'd be nice if people did not just silently go off into the night. But life sometimes prevents people from speaking up and saying goodbye.

And we haven't heard from Qualthwar in quite some time.

Reactions: NeoNite

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah, things don't always go as you've got them set up in your mind. In some way.
I hope he's doing well. Both of them. Lots of people have disappeared over the years. Hell I never expected to last this long, but here we are...
Glad to see there's still life in nalicity.

Reactions: OO7MIKE and oosyxxx

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Yeah, things don't always go as you've got them set up in your mind. In some way.
I hope he's doing well. Both of them. Lots of people have disappeared over the years. Hell I never expected to last this long, but here we are...
Glad to see there's still life in nalicity.

I had some good times here when my life didn't have a direction. 20+ years later I feel nostalgic for those times. I'll probably never play the game again, but the way I felt when I was virtually hanging out with everyone was good.

I have since learned that people need 3 types of relationships to feel fulfilled in life. Romantic, platonic friends, and community. Being on here was for sure community based and it was nice to have a few phone calls with some folks. It was awkward as F'k but that didn't matter because i was so f'n stonned larry's!

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
I had some good times here when my life didn't have a direction. 20+ years later I feel nostalgic for those times. I'll probably never play the game again, but the way I felt when I was virtually hanging out with everyone was good.

I have since learned that people need 3 types of relationships to feel fulfilled in life. Romantic, platonic friends, and community. Being on here was for sure community based and it was nice to have a few phone calls with some folks. It was awkward as F'k but that didn't matter because i was so f'n stonned larry's!

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I feel so bad.. i've been posting in this thread and I totally missed the part where Rukee Passed away.

Rukee was a nice guy with some heart. He loved the game and he would human with you every so often. He had his charms and was always up for a quick game. I found him to be very dependable. I'm not sure why he hung around for so long but I'm glad he did.

I think i was kinda harsh on him because his tech advice was shit at times. It just wasn't well researched, but he didn't seem to mind the abuse and kept bouncing back. I think he realized I was just an angry kid with good intentions.

I bought some stuff from him personally and sold a few things to him.

We both shared a strong interest in overclocking. We both build peltier cooled machines. Water cooled machines. Then one day he bought this crazy -70c cooling rig case. Yep.. i couldn't keep up with him anymore. It's an expensive hobby but it was fun while it lasted.

I had some in depth chats with him about his invention and his patent process. I don't know if he ever made any headway with it. I got the impression he knew very little about sales but a lot about the law and his rights. He was really invested in protecting his invention. Really need stuff.

I unfortunately didn't get to know him on a personal level. That part is on me.

RIP Rukee!

Last edited:

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
I feel so bad.. i've been posting in this thread and I totally missed the part where Rukee Passed away.

Rukee was a nice guy with some heart. He loved the game and he would human with you every so often. He had his charms and was always up for a quick game. I found him to be very dependable. I'm not sure why he hung around for so long but I'm glad he did.

I think i was kinda harsh on him because his tech advice was shit at times. It just wasn't well researched, but he didn't seem to mind the abuse and kept bouncing back. I think he realized I was just an angry kid with good intentions.

I bought some stuff from him personally and sold a few things to him.

We both shared a strong interest in overclocking. We both build peltier cooled machines. Water cooled machines. Then one day he bought this crazy -70c cooling rig case. Yep.. i couldn't keep up with him anymore. It's an expensive hobby but it was fun while it lasted.

I had some in depth chats with him about his invention and his patent process. I don't know if he ever made any headway with it. I got the impression he knew very little about sales but a lot about the law and his rights. He was really invested in protecting his invention. Really need stuff.

I unfortunately didn't get to know him on a personal level. That part is on me.

RIP Rukee!

Yeah, I bought an OC'd liquid-cooled rig from him which promptly had problems the second I got home, so we troubleshot, and I think I brought you into it for help, but I ended up returning it to him and buying something else from him.

He really was a nice guy, and so was Spiritwalker.

Update on Qualthwar: I remember his RL name and used it to look for obits in FL, and I couldn't find anything that appeared to be him, which is a victory :) Hope he checks in though.

Reactions: OO7MIKE