1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

A new ACB version?

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Lethal Dosage, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

received..but its 1 AM here...gotta sleep, but I´ll test it ASAP (after work, dinner and soup opera, hehehe)
    And look in all tiny holes for the magic (ooops, secret) spot! Is there an irish pot o´gold? XD

2. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

No, no pot of gold. but when you find it keep it to yourself, and you'll find it quite useful.

3. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Betatesitng report N# 0221 3-2-06

Using IBT, the map CTD at the end of a round... the "invisible box" at the western part of the maze tunnels (that bricky passeges through the lower apartments, near attackes spawn..) is still there, tsc tsc LD!!! (look at screens 0-7, its a sequence of how to find it...), 8and 9 is a bsp error, or graphical error, terrible, and 10 is a question: why locking the end of the main tunnel (that leads to the sub car parking)??? 11 - Why there´s a door in the texture of a windows???XD 12 = surprise?

10 minutes after: hummm..it seems that Black Akmsu muttie caused that round-end CTD..bizarre... its a rare art the abbility to load the right mutties at the right sequence without conflicts...XP

Oww...and Ive found the secret passageway XD (what´s my prize???) [Edit: removed screenies of it from the .rar... or else I would be a spoiler...XP]

I think after a correction of those issues, ACB revised is finished, adding more stuff will only make it unplayable... now send me your new version of flagstaff, heheh XD

cheers!!! {;-)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  4. Lethal Dosage

Gee, talk bout low res photos.

Screens 0-7
    Just as well you've included the screens for directions, cus i never could find what you were talking about with that invisible box. It looks lie a shaddow to me, but i'll check it out in UEd.

Screens 8-9
    I can't see anything wrong with them, and thats with the brightness turned up so i can see whats going on. It looks like in 9 u were ghosting. Explain whats wrong with em cus i can't see it.

Screen 10
    When there was Defender spawns in the car park, i locked that door, and built the other way to the spawns to reduce the ease the Attackers could camp over the Defender spawns. and also cus the Attackers running for the stairs would get shot in the back by spawning Defenders, and removing that door required to rebuild the entire tunnel. I guess i'll have to get off my ass n fix it back haow it was since it is no longer necessary.

Screen 11
    Yeah, that... I was too lasy to redo those textures because of the door, and being in a dark spot, most people wouldn't recognise it unless that used their flashlights.

And no, 12 isn't the surprise, thats the tunnel system thats been there since v2 of something.

5. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Sorry bout the res and brightness of the screens, it was 1 Am (Im newly married and my wife is annoying complaining if I use more than half an hour my home computer... Ive waited her to sleep, than betatested for 1 hr and half XD) and I converted all bmp screens in a hurry! XP

Thats not a simply shadow, LD, there´s something that blocks the passage if you follow the wall through the door.

8-9, i wasn´t ghosting, that section of that building just disappears when I get near it, reaching from the vent tunnels or from the streets... BSP hole???

11 ok, perhaps I was just too picky :)

12 - I was just kidding, I used that to substitute the real screens for the secret passageway... (im no spoiler)XD

Keep up the good work ;-) (and send me your new projects ASAP, heheh)

6. Lethal Dosage

@ Lib:
    The pipe was causing the blockage, so i've removed it, not like it did much anyway.

I've fixed the BSP holes as much as i can see, and i've made a few adjustments too, just can't think what they r right now.

Without giving anything away, what do you think about the Secret Passage? Useful? or does it make things too easy?

7. smeerkat

smeerkat Hello, old friend...

How do you fix bsp holes, do you nudge brushes over a couple of units, or do you play around with the bsp rebuild options?

8. Lethal Dosage

Move **** around, re-arrange things (thats why the forklift in ACB moves to a different spot in each version), or better to remove the brush that you suspect is causing it altogether if possible.

However when i opened up a new building in ACB i got a bit BSP hole in a ladder going from the Loading Bay Rooftop to the Upper Rooftop, i couldn't get rid of it altogether, it was eith you died half way up the ladder, or you died approaching it. I didn't want to get rid of the new building, so i got rid of the ladder. Now INFers will have to storm the building some other way.

9. Corporal_Lib [BR]

I think it´s usefull, not easy, cause you still have to enter the main building to acessing it (and pass some enemy barricades) and have to eliminate the cd cap room resistance... in the end, is just another "stylish" way to get it, like entering there through the windows ;-)

10. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net/EASdocs/EAS_Actors.htm

Some ideas on dynamic cover here.

and finally you add m67's to the inner playing field of the map (newest opened building. Nice work. Only probs (minor) 1911 in upstairs office clips as you walk by it (through window).

Nothing else though.

11. Lethal Dosage

Yeah, so i finally listened to you about the M67 frags!

The M1911 is already fixed, no problem there.

I'm doing one more rebuild then it will be ready for release. Anyone want to host it for me?

12. Corporal_Lib [BR]

LD, I forgot to warn you about another KILLING SHADOW in the main building (first floor, just after the stairs to sub car parking)!! maybe those office decos are deadly, cus they´re the same from the v4 killing shadow!!!

13. Lethal Dosage

Sorry, been away from the computer for over a week.

I can't find the new killing shadow in my latest build, so i guess i must have accidently fixed it somewhere.

Everything looks good, so i'll have another look around, and find wrap it up.

Time i found another pet project

14. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Sorry, LD, wrong description..the Killing Shadow in ACB v5 is beside the M1911 at the 2nd floor (in that narrow room acessible by the external metal ladder...), perhaps its the water galoon that is killing your players unadvertedly..XD
    Fix it and pack it up... your the trenches sounds interesting, try to finish this project!!! (And give Geo that Flare pic you have!!! ;-)

15. Lethal Dosage

OK, AFAIK i've got all the bugs, so its packaged up, know i'm just looking for anyone who wants to host it.

By the way, should i package it up with all the textures (5.861mb) or just the map and readme (3.114mb)? There are no new textures since like v1 or v2, so everyone should have them, or maybe the map and readme package, and then offer the additional textures in a seperate package.

What does everyone think?

By the way the next project i'm working on is DS-Peacemaker, it WILL require the TBT Desert Storm mappack to be installed, so i'd like to know how many people don't have it.

16. smeerkat

Hi there,

Put everything into one zip (6 MB), textures, map, readme. Then email it to me: smeerkat (at)
    gmail (dot)
    com

My new map will also use the TBT DS mappack textures, and I have a poll here somewhere about that. :)

17. Lethal Dosage

Ok, v5 has been sent out to Corporal_Lib, Burger and smeerkat.

Anyone else who wants to host it, please let me know.

18. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

V5 is now on Riviera server (DTAS server), link in my sig.

19. smeerkat

I tried to get on your server today, but had a mismatch on the INFMOD_M16A4. What version do you have?

20. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

I think Crowze knows someone that experienced the same problem, few M16A4 version been released.
    I recommand you to delete all *M16A4.* files in UT system dir, also check your cache and Infiltration/System.
    Then take the one from WP1.31, the file on server is:

INFM16A4.u
    filesize: 7 504 412 Bytes
    md5 hash: 19B6B191B1870BB4DE2EFB3B27BB6AC2

Offtopic:
    After many searchs, i recommand this hasher:
    http://beeblebrox.org/hashtab/
    "HashTab is a Windows shell extension which adds a tab called "File Hashes" to the Windows Explorer file properties. The tab contains the MD5, SHA1 and CRC-32 file hashes. These are common hashes that are used to verify the integrity and authenticity of files."

Just in case you are looking for one. :)