1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

A new ACB version?

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Lethal Dosage, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Maybe. I know i hung up my gloves, but theres still a few thing s that annoy me with that map, just don't expect anything great (or popular)! Cus night shifts, 2hrs sleep a day, no sex (from my g/f), and a 2yro nephew running up n down the house all day has me on a shot fuse, n i neva see the end of the bugs with my new AMD Athlon 3500.

ATM, its just a few additions, cus i don't have must patience any more and i got my arse kicked by 6 drunks while working last night.

I'll keep you posted wheneva the morning light isn't burning my eye balls out of their sockets.

2. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

LS, you need desperately a break!!!! But If you get the chi to make improvements to your ACB and need betatesting, here I am to help you... =D

(Damn, think on the bright side: this should be a probation, life will bring u something good... chinese cookie phrase);)

3. Lethal Dosage

thanx, well i've got plenty of time now, i've just been laid off, (well thats the problems with security work). So much for that life will bring you comething good! Ahh, well now i can sleep. :eek:

4. Corporal_Lib [BR]

So, LD, enjoy your "forced vacation" ;-) and hibernate like the bears do in the winter... Gosh, THATS ALREADY WINTER up there! How convinient!!! XD
    Crash for 3 days straigh and then come back full of newideas! nice sleeping ;-)

5. Lethal Dosage

Nice to hear something positive, well so far there is a few ideas, mostly just changes to some annoying aspects of the level, n fixing alot of those flickering lights.

But well see how it goes.

BTW, its summer down here, australia is down, however i have no idea what my profile says, so its probably my bad.

6. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

betatester reporting for duty. (If needed)
    Brief description of what you want to change/ tweak?

7. Lethal Dosage

Well i'll send out the beta of the map to Lib, as well as Burger, n i'll post the change log here for now for everyone, i don't think there is much i can do without spoiling it, like it did with my DM-INF-DogtownExp conversion, hell i caught myself placing bunkers in the Loading Bay and in the middle of the street! just as well i didn't i stopped myself.

P.S i'll email out the lite version of it, it just missing the extra texture packages, since u guys have already ot em, it means a little less fuss

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  8. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Can I have your DogtownExp map, LD??? Or it is one of yours unfinished maps???
    Just waiting for your "baby" to dive in it! XD

(some nights of good sleeping are doing a wonderful job in you, LD ;-)

9. Lethal Dosage

ACB_revised v4 is on its way

I seems i may have just caught the mapping bug again, damn i really need to get immunised for that!

I doubt i can dig up my DM-INF-DogtownExp map, i've formatted my computer a few times since then, as well as switched to a completely new one. BTW i did it before the other DM-INF-Dogtown conversion ever appeared.

Burger: Do u still have that beta of DM-INF-DogtownExp from so long ago? I know its been nearly 2 years since i touched it, but you never get rid of maps, AFAIK, anyway, you think you can find it?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  10. Burger

yeah, ive got the file, but i'd have to look through the CD's you gave me for the required files. Problem is, i think it's be too big to send, but i'll check.

Is there a way to check in Ued to see what files a map uses? That would help greatly to minimise the 2.9 / modified / 3rd party textures.
    If not, then i'll try to send the .unr file and go from there.
    Also, there were still a few texture problems last time i played it - wrong / missing textures on ammo boxes and stuff in the armouries.

Lastly, do we have authority to send it around? even though it's hardly recogniseable as dogtown:lol:

Dogtown exp coming soonTM

11. Corporal_Lib [BR]

LD, here goes my report:

I tough there was some bug at the attackers armory (I couldn´t pick the AKMSU), but it was a conflict with Olethro´s Magcheck (when I disabled it, I was able to pick dropped akmsus)
    Perhaps there was a BSP hole at the cd wallet room, cause one of the wardrobes (next to a dropped desk and a phone) disappeared and I died mysteriously... but Im not so sure

It´s getting nicier and niceier every new version, LD!!! I Got lost at the tunnels maze (i didn´t recall it was so complex... awesome!!!), and there are so many ways to get at the defenders house... if you could code the random placing of the cd case, it would be perfect, and if the attackers bot use some of the tunnels or alternate routes (they seem to usually come from the main street or the ladder beside it...), but its a helluva fun yet!
    Keep up the good work, LD!!!

[EDIT]: Confirmed!!! There are some "ghost boxes" or "ghost decos" (screen1 - something generating shadow and stucking the pawn, but you can´t see anything in front of you) in the Store maze (western underground part of the map), and there´s some BSP hole, or at least, THE KILLING SHADOW (screen 2 - there´s a unexplainable shadow beside the CD case desk, in front of a file wardrobe, when you step in it, you die miserably (I was alone in the room, no bot or else to kill me)
    Beware the killing shadow!!!! uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  12. Burger

hmm. I must have missed that CD room but. I'll check again tonight.

My findings: the truck outside of the loading bay jams bots - they jump up and down like the idiots they are. Reason being is the angle the truck is tilted at. I'll take a screenie and post soon. Also, may i suggest a few things - 1, take the ledges on the loading bay truck's tray out. moving around in there is too enclosed. Also, maybe a few gang weapons can be added into the abandoned building? M67 and uzis? Burst-fire beretta?

I'll have another couple of goes tonight and provide smoething more indepth. But for now, this should keep you busy:lol:

13. Lethal Dosage

@ Lib: i found the second bug also, that first one you reported, was that in the tunnels, cus i don't have a clue where that is, n i cant tell much from the pic, i'll ghost around n try n find it.

@ Burger: i think you can share a private beta of a modded map, especially when it's the modder who i requesting it bak, i remember it took a hell of a lot of 3rd party textures, so i'll have to do something about that.

I'll fix the truck, that has had that problem with the bots since i put it there, i'll remove the seats, but i don't know how difficult it will be as i can't remember if i made it one brush or not.

And as for the "gang" weapons in the abandoned apartment, thats a bloody good idea, but it'll have to be some weak ****, cant have an attacker sitting there with something good gunning down the defenders as they come out of their building, but i don't think grenades or GL's are a good idea. that would make it too easy.

14. Burger

Ok then, 9mm only - m9/m93r/Microuzi/MP5K? On a crate or something?

Btw, here's the complete DogtownEXP textures list.
    Like i said, it wasn't gonna be small - the .UNR file alone is over 16mb.
    Whole package is 146mb.
    And some ideas - 2nd pic is the defender spawn - can you do something simple like put a door texture there? It's not right looking into another dimension through a boarded-up door.

Then make a tunnel leading from the def spawn to the abandoned building. That'll sort 'em out:D

Maybe you can move the loading bay truck out a bit and put a wooden plank across the bridge? With enough room for somone (or bots) to move between the truck and the bay?

Also, (this is the last) is there a reason why the building on the loading bay street has 'usable' doors and window? (that triggers the sound of the oading bay door opening) Can that be opened up, or something (like new objective?)

That is all. (for now);)

Attached Files:

15. Lethal Dosage

Well as for the list, that ain't as big as it used to be, i can remember minimising the list a little before i gave up on it, plus as i can remember the map could use a bit of a slimming up too, at the time is was throwing a lot of stuff into it that i had cus out of other maps.

As for a tunnel so the defenders can get there... they can take the stairs down to the carpark, then up the ones to the condos next door, then out the front door which isn't really visible from the windows, or go out the condos back door into the parking lot, into the tunnels n use them to mave over to exit on the footpath outside the Abandoned Apartment

And the black hole behind the boarded up doorway? i think thats a lighting thing,but i'll loook into fixing it.

16. Lethal Dosage

Good news, I'M BACK IN THE GAME!

Due to my recent layoff, (now over a month ago), i have gotten back into mapping, and generally getting back into fooling around with other peoples maps. Currently i'm working on ACB v5, and an EAS version of Flagstaff.

AS for ACB, its now v5 even though a v4 was never released, cus i did some major changes (which you might actually like) to what was going to be a v4 release. So i progressed it to v5.

As for the black hole behind the boarded up doorway, thats actually mean to be like that, its a small room with just a black texture on the walls, and has a sniper actor in there. Type "ghost" into your console, then fly over there and you will see what i mean, and just type walk into the console to go back to walking again.

17. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

lethal check your pm;) about that map conversions packs

18. Lethal Dosage

Well i can't find any new bugs, so the map will go out to my 2 faithful beta testers, then if they come back ok, it will be released. I just got to stop fiddling with this map

19. Corporal_Lib [BR]

I´m waiting eagerly for my duty, Sir!!! XD

20. Lethal Dosage

DON'T YOU EVER CALL ME SIR, TROOPER!

I work for a living!

@Lib: Ok the Beta will go out in like 10mins, so sit tight, and check your email in like 15mins