A Motivational Poster...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Yeah, in ut3 it's not as good as it was in Unreal or UT. It's much faster and better just to predict and fire.
Eh, IMO the UT rocket homing sucked too. It was almost always better to just group some rockets together and fire.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
So, does anyone have some funny screenshots to make (de)motivational posters out of them?

I already saw a lot regarding Half-Life for instance (very funny ones), so why not UT? :D (or Unreal, or relative other mods and TCs)

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, here's a contribution of mine. It would be nice people make some more though...

RedeemerArgument.jpg

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Someone uses homing RL rockets? I thought people just spammed stuff with that weapon. At least you could kill people more easily with the UT3 version (maybe a bit too much).

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Did some more. Btw, just a little note: although I made the motivators themselves, their inner images aren't originally mine, they're just random UT screenshots and such I found randomly in the web.

Again, I hope someone can make a few more and make this topic active (without offtopic), as I am pretty sure some people can make really funny ones (unlike these :lol:).

smileShot.jpg

partiesEnd.jpg

ohNoesHelmet.jpg

mineBiggerThanYours.jpg

godMode.jpg

freeTime.jpg

freeFrags.jpg

angryGermanKid.jpg

whatWarCow.jpg

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Frikking Loque and his aimbot. Screw him. :p

On another note, I'll see if I can make some more good posters when I have the time.

FrankoManno

UT is not dead, it just smells funny
Feb 18, 2010
US
. . . and 8-ball rockets always would lock on to those feigning death. Translocator is yer best bet in that hallway, and to already have thrown it before going down that narrow corridor so when rockets appear - 'poof' you are gone before they hit.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
the Translocator and ImpactHammer were the best new weapon invention in most shooters of its time and are what made UnrealTournament so popular and fun compared to any game. The XLoc was the weapon that I admired the most because of all the things it can do and all the skills & techniques you can come out with it. I remember when I used to spend long hours with it, trying out new tricks and all kinds of other stuff like puking. The ImpactHammer was pretty good for jump tricks and projectile deflecting, and it got even more fun camping players behind teleporters or around corners, lol. I have even seen some cheap imitations of those weapons in other games but it just doesnt feel the same as it does in UT.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Different name for the translocator.

Oh and as for other iterations of this device, there's this quake weapon mod called Xoron weapons which has variations on most weapons. F.e. 4-5 types of grenade launchers.

One of those had a teleportation device. You'd simply lob the grenade and wait for the teleportation. It had a two second delay iirc. But it was fun, though. You could lob the grenade very high up and far.

This mod was released in September 1998.

FrankoManno

Feb 18, 2010
US
the Translocator and ImpactHammer were the best new weapon invention in most shooters of its time and are what made UnrealTournament so popular and fun compared to any game. The XLoc was the weapon that I admired the most because of all the things it can do and all the skills & techniques you can come out with it. I remember when I used to spend long hours with it, trying out new tricks and all kinds of other stuff like puking. The ImpactHammer was pretty good for jump tricks and projectile deflecting, and it got even more fun camping players behind teleporters or around corners, lol. I have even seen some cheap imitations of those weapons in other games but it just doesnt feel the same as it does in UT.

In the 'old' days of UT online (circa y2k), I witnessed someone who used the xloc almost exclusively and was quite good with it, so I started practicing.

I remember the first time I telefragged an opponent online, and realized what a powerful weapon the xloc was in close quarters if someone was good with it. Later found out I could telefrag monsters - lol at you foul-mouthed giant pinheads! No more firing 500 rounds before you fall, just telefrag 'em once and they are done, lol.

Never was real good at using the impact hammer to shoot the xloc half way across a map, but it made crossing facing worlds a hop, skip and a jump, if no one shot your head off before you could place it on the ground and launch it.

Then all the aimbotters/cheaters took over the public servers . . .

Last edited:

War_Master

May 27, 2005
You spent hours puking all over the xloc? I can imagine more fun activities with that weapon... :con:

would you like me to puk you up and show you what I mean? :D

Never was real good at using the impact hammer to shoot the xloc half way across a map, but it made crossing facing worlds a hop, skip and a jump, if no one shot your head off before you could place it on the ground and launch it...

After my MonsterHunt years I went back to ctf and started playing in those Face only servers. I saw that everyone puked the xloc with the hammer only so I remembered about all the tricks I made up with it and started using it again. People couldnt understand how I could get across the map so fast in so little time that they started accusing me of being a hacker and speed hacking. What they dont know is that I was the one who made up all those tricks with the xloc since UT came out and what they have seen others puk the xloc is because I taught them.

My favorite way is the one where you launch the xloc at the air at an angle so that you can puk it with a combo using the ShockRifle. The most effecient one is the one you puk it with a combo when its on the floor.

Then all the aimbotters/cheaters took over the public servers . . .
Sadly to say that most of those aimbotters dominating with the xloc skill I made were trained by a guy who is an aimbot designer named LaG Poet who was a Guy I trained myself and show him how to do all the xloc tricks I knew before he became a botter. I trained him because he used to accused me of everything so I had to show him how to freaken play so he can stfu about his accusations. After he became a botter, he went off recluting peeps and showing them how to use the xloc tricks I taught him and how to use his bot to lame in those face servers to claim theyre skilled. :mad:

FrankoManno

Feb 18, 2010
US
would you like me to puk you up and show you what I mean? :D

After my MonsterHunt years I went back to ctf and started playing in those Face only servers. I saw that everyone puked the xloc with the hammer only so I remembered about all the tricks I made up with it and started using it again. People couldnt understand how I could get across the map so fast in so little time that they started accusing me of being a hacker and speed hacking. What they dont know is that I was the one who made up all those tricks with the xloc since UT came out and what they have seen others puk the xloc is because I taught them.

My favorite way is the one where you launch the xloc at the air at an angle so that you can puk it with a combo using the ShockRifle. The most effecient one is the one you puk it with a combo when its on the floor.

Sadly to say that most of those aimbotters dominating with the xloc skill I made were trained by a guy who is an aimbot designer named LaG Poet who was a Guy I trained myself and show him how to do all the xloc tricks I knew before he became a botter. I trained him because he used to accused me of everything so I had to show him how to freaken play so he can stfu about his accusations. After he became a botter, he went off recluting peeps and showing them how to use the xloc tricks I taught him and how to use his bot to lame in those face servers to claim theyre skilled. :mad:

I played an east side US server that had no xloc for Facing Worlds on a Public Server, and had some decent anticheat, and enjoyed that for awhile, and what do you know, I started finishing near the top in kills/flag captures. Then Real Life took over and I didn't have time to play anymore. Plus I have become an old fart and my up-close vision now sucks, and out come the magnifier glasses. Then I start getting the dizzies because of them . . . gave up UT for some Flat Out 2 for awhile, but occasionally come back to UT vs bots, to try out new maps, especially around Christmas time.

Edit: I'll mention one more time I appreciated those who continued to make maps long after UT's prime. I don't have a fast enough rig to play the newest games, but UT's gameplay is what made it a great game. Why can't the new games recapture that? Because they make games compatible with 13 year olds, not so much adults. $$$

To relate an anecdote: Was in a heated Facing Worlds battle on a public server around 2001-02 when I finally had cable modem and decent ping. Tied 1-1 in overtime, about 20 minutes into overtime. I grabbed a fallen flag at the top of the middle section and turned for home. All of a sudden I get blasted from behind by one of my teammates with about 4 8-ball cannon missiles at my feet, and flew in the air all the way to the base for the winning cap. First time I had experienced that.

Last edited: