1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

a inf style loadout creator for UT

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by Tave, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Tave

Tave Super Noob

i was wondering if it is possible to make a loadout creator for UT, for those that dont play inf what i mean is a mod that allows you to pick the starting weapons for each bot (and player) so you can have a good mix or weapons right from the start instead of everyone spawing with the same thing

ta

2. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

I'm not sure if something like that exists but you can check out (I think it's called) Arena Match. You can start with any weapons etc. but bots will get them too. If you wanted to configure everyone's starting weapons individually I don't think that exists.

3. Pxtl

Pxtl Lord of the Files

Use Cosmic UT. Cosmic allows you to bind "individual mutators" to individual players. One such mutator is "weapon expert" that lets you bind a starting weapon to the player. This can also be used to give special powers or stats. For example, I've played a nice game of Aliens Vs. Humans where one team is all given only chainsaws and superspeed, as well as leaving a trail of biosludge where they run.

Coolest power: weapon expert - touch a teammate to give him a copy of your weapon inventory. I played Redeemer Dispenser for a while in one game.

4. Tave

Tave Super Noob

cool cosmic and weapon expert sound like just the things i need, umm just one question where are they? they arent on mod squad

5. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

6. Tave

Tave Super Noob

found em, cheers guys

7. Pxtl

Pxtl Lord of the Files

Cosmic

Cosmic is a really good mod, but be warned - its buggy as hell, especially with other players. Don't rely on it to inform the other players what power they have, or even keep their names straight. The HUD mods don't work for anyone but the server, and the system of renaming players based on their powers results in getting names swapped around if people change powers. To avoid that, either disable the name/power concatenating, or force the player to stick to one power set for the whole match (you can do this, its in the options) and avoid HUD-oriented powers.