A good map place

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zennex

The almighty w00tfish
Jul 14, 2004
YOUR FACE!
I was just wondering if anyone has found any decent map DBs for UT3, since it seems that nalicity and insight refuse to cover UT3. It's really annoying having to hunt each map down like an escaped convict.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
NC got a severe punch in the face after the 08' crash. There was several rumors about NC4 with a whole new design and ETC. But according to the fact that UT3 isn't doing so good, hopes start to fade a little. I don't know if you noticed, but most of the map sites we all used to download from, lost a lot of their audience.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Insite is NOT refusing UT3. I did. On my own. Insite can go on without me.

In theory. There hasn't been too much action over there since I left. :eek:

Zennex

The almighty w00tfish
Jul 14, 2004
YOUR FACE!
Activity on both sites has been next to nil. Heck if I had my own server, I'd do it myself, but I don't so I won't.

Zennex

The almighty w00tfish
Jul 14, 2004
YOUR FACE!
Ok, but if I do it it's going to be a barebones html pos site, b/c I suck at web programming and don't care to put in the time to make something good.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
We are planing on upgrading Nalicity. The problem is we have about 6 projects we need to code as well as daily administrative duties and real lives :)

Im sure if you asked nice they would host a cms for you if you are able to rap your head around how they work and manage to theme it the way you want

google Content Management System or free cms or joomla or something

phpbb plus or something ...

if you going to be that into what you want i recomend downloading xampp as a test env and then runing some on your local before deciding

Last edited:

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
unfortunately it seems as though most people are not bothering to upload there maps to the "main" mapping sites. it seems as though for the most part, these mapping sites are forgotten about.

imo there use to be "3 main" quality map sites in which to download your maps from, with those being...

1)best one imo was unreal playground, had well over five thousand! 2k4 maps, four thousand UT99 maps and counting http://www.unrealplayground.com

2)second best was mapraider, this site too had quite a few for 2k4, but not as many as unreal playground http://www.mapraider.com/

3)third best imo was nalicity, also another quality map downloading site. http://www.nalicity.beyondunreal.com

all of these places were prime for finding and downloading some of the best custom maps during the ut99-2k4 era, but unfortunately like i said, it seems as though the ball has been dropped as far as people putting there ut3 maps on these sites. just for example unreal playground is closing in on 15,000! maps between ut99,2k3,and 2k4. but barely have 100 total ut3 maps, and i know for a fact much more than 100 maps have been released for ut3 as of now, there could easily be 100 maps for just warfare alone that i have seen around, and i have downloaded prob about 50+ of them. but the maps are just not making it to the mapping sites.

the best place to date for ut3 imo is to just comb the ut3 epic forums in the mapping section and look for maps. i know its time consuming because you have to sort through all the stuff you don't want to look for specific things you do want, but it seems the most amount of content is on there.

also while on the topic of unreal playground, i don't like there new interface at all, i liked the old one much better.