A Game of Thrones

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
i am wondering are they really watching this show in the very first season first episode there was an attempting murder of little child , incest, decapitations and rape also

Exactly. They seem to forget that Khal Drogo raped Daenerys in the first season.

For some reason, this has pissed a lot of people off (they're probably in love with Jaime and don't want his character to be "bad"). I get that it's different in the book, but not by much. Cersei also says no multiple times, which = rape, no matter if she ended up enjoying it (it was also in Jaime's POV). It got the point across to me, at least; they're done with each other romantically.

No one wants to mention that the Thenns were going to eat a little boy's parents. Yeah, that's totally better.

Last edited:

Nevzat

Jan 28, 2009
Cyprus
yes but things in the show different than books and timeline, but still acceptable since she rejects him in the first episode and i dont think scene out of character either jaime is a character of capable of doing things what he feels right.

but i didnt read the books i have nothing the compare i just spoil myself whole books i am planing to get winds of winter if it ever comes out

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
so I don't know how "that scene" went down in the books - or if that scene even existed in the books - but the way it was directed in the show was pretty clear...
no means no, and rape is rape.

like I said, maybe the books handle it differently. or like the Red-Wedding-baby-womb-stabbing, maybe that scene never actually occurred in the original literature when Martin was writing it. but HBO decided to give us a rape scene in front of a human corpse. which felt really pathetic to me because the tone was never built up in that direction. where did any of that crap come from?

that kind of behavior is not in Jamie's character.
at least not the Jamie that has been depicted thus far in the TV series.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
so I don't know how "that scene" went down in the books - or if that scene even existed in the books - but the way it was directed in the show was pretty clear...

like I said, maybe the books handle it differently. or like the Red-Wedding-baby-womb-stabbing, maybe that scene never actually occurred in the original literature when Martin was writing it. but HBO decided to give us a rape scene in front of a human corpse. which felt really pathetic to me because the tone was never built up in that direction. where did any of that crap come from?

You mean, like pushing a kid out a window who happened to spy on their lovemaking session?:lol:

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011

That Jamie was a swordsman with two hands, a son, and a pseudo-wife.

The human psyche is never more than a few well-placed blows from collapse.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
You mean, like pushing a kid out a window who happened to spy on their lovemaking session?
...with his twin sister?
all of which happened such a long time ago to a person who barely resembles the man we've come to know. I'm not concerned with what GRRMartin originally intended for Jamie in his books. but for anyone who has been watching the TV series from the beginning, Jamie's behavior during that scene was confounding to say the least.

they botched his transformation.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

In the book, Jaime is just getting back to KL from being a prisoner and getting his hand cut off and Cersei is on her period and doesn't wanna fuck because of that. She still says "no", "not here" and "it isn't right", but he has a go at her anyway (it's all in his POV). She eventually starts to enjoy it though (still rape IMO because she said no).

They're basically done romantically after that scene.

Still, that part didn't change how I felt about Jaime. No one is "good" or "evil."

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
all of which happened such a long time ago to a person who barely resembles the man we've come to know. I'm not concerned with what GRRMartin originally intended for Jamie in his books. but for anyone who has been watching the TV series from the beginning, Jamie's behavior during that scene was confounding to say the least.

they botched his transformation.

If you're looking for a good guy, hero type in this show, you're watching the wrong show. If you are expecting anyone to turn over a new leaf, then this isn't the type of story you will enjoy.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
If you're looking for a good guy, hero type in this show, you're watching the wrong show. If you are expecting anyone to turn over a new leaf, then this isn't the type of story you will enjoy.
none of those things describe me.
I have no expectations at any point during the story.

what I'm saying is this: if you're watching the show and not reading the books, Jamie's character suddenly loses all sense of consistency during that rape scene and it's relatively confusing.

You have to also consider how seriously messed up the two characters are. It's only "rape" as some people see it because the scene cuts out, we do not really know how bizarre these two really are in an intimate sense beyond what we know in the show (book people might know it from a more informed angle), and the last time we saw them have sex it culminated with one of them pushing a little boy out of a window. Are we seeing rape or grief stricken passion between two characters of questionable moral scope?

Or I could sum it up as my girlfriend did, when she said as we watched it, "yeah. You rape that bitch, Jamie."

Jacks said:
what I'm saying is this: if you're watching the show and not reading the books, Jamie's character suddenly loses all sense of consistency during that rape scene and it's relatively confusing.

Of course, you could also figure he's been out of his element since the end of Season 1, so maybe we haven't seen the true Jamie Lannister in a while and forgot the kind of man he really is.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Or I could sum it up as my girlfriend did, when she said as we watched it, "yeah. You rape that bitch, Jamie."

Sounds like someone you should hang onto :D

remember folks, Jamie lanister kills innocent squire boys only to get a shot at fleeing. If anything at all I had a small problem with the positive light he was shown in recently.

when the person beneath you is repeating "no," "not here," and "not now" while clawing at your chest in a feeble attempt to push you away, it's usually rape.

Did you read the rest of my post or even the rest of the sentence? I'm saying maybe these aren't people we should be trying to relate to like normal people. These are two twisted characters. Cercie might like being raped sometimes, just not in front of her dead kid. At first...

the scene just felt pretentiously dramatic and forced.
that's all I can really say about it.

Can't argue with taste, so I won't.

Balton said:
remember folks, Jamie lanister kills innocent squire boys only to get a shot at fleeing. If anything at all I had a small problem with the positive light he was shown in recently.

I'm more or less with you on this, though I did find some of his admissions with Brianne interesting, like when he recounted how he slayed the mad king.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm saying maybe these aren't people we should be trying to relate to like normal people.
and I can't argue with maybe's, so I won't.

this is all beside the point.
what we should really be talking about is how much of a bad ass Little Finger is. antihero supreme, poisoning kings, saving princesses, blackmailing them, and shootin' pawns in the face with crossbows so he doesn't have to pay them. all from his own private yacht nestled safely offshore.

didn't they used to say something about how Baelish would let the world burn so long as he could be king of the ashes?

PP06

people who need more screen time: Little Finger, Varys, Hound + Arya, Tyrion, and anyone in House Bolton.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
didn't they used to say something about how Baelish would let the world burn so long as he could be king of the ashes?

PP06

people who need more screen time: Little Finger, Varys, Hound + Arya, Tyrion, and anyone in House Bolton.

Indeed and word. Gonna be awesome to see Littlefinger work his magic this season.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
aQ2LhwX.jpg

Welp, we book readers are officially in new territory. Ok, that's the Night's King, a one time Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, who married a white walker a long time ago. (edit: maybe)

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night's_King

As always, another great episode! My only beef was Jon isn't supposed to know about Bran being north of the Wall. Also, Bran doesn't get captured by anyone, but Bran's story in the book is kind of boring, so I get it. Here's to hoping for Coldhands (Where are you, Benjen? ;)) in the next episode!

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Yeah, I'm starting to get a bit concerned. Deviations from the books are fine, but some story arcs are looking like total re-writes.

Let's see how this plays out.