A few small screenshots of my upcoming map...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
The only thing that's almost done is the ground texture (so I'm still going to fix the lighting on everything besides the ground, texture the truck, add more bushes and stuff, make the sky look nice, etc.). All the 3D stuff was done in UnrealEd, and all the 2D stuff in The Gimp (a free photoshop clone for Linux). These screenshots were taken flying up in the air, but the polycounts in the normal areas only go over 200 in one place (which I'll take care of later). And yes, it took a long time to make the ground. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

shot0.jpg

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

very pretty terrain, just get some higher res grass textures.

------------------------
darkliege.jpg

------------------------

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
Sorry Darkliege, not going to happen. The ground texture is currently a 1024x1536 monster that I split up into 24 256x256 pieces before importing. I don't think my computer could handle anything bigger. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The players can't get up on top of the hills, so the lack of detail isn't something that you really notice in-game.

Can anyone point me towards some pages that have good tree textures?

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
Uhh... It drove there, along the dirt road that leads through the level. The road that curves to the left in the second picture doubles back to the right and tunnels through a hill (you can see this in the first picture). Don't worry, it all makes sense. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oh, and the platform that the truck sits on isn't actually raised up above the ground. It just looks that way because of the little ridge that's right in front of it in the second picture.

Sooner or later I'll finish and release the level; then you'll see what I mean. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Panzerknacker

Jul 5, 2000
Hey, it looks great! Just what I'm looking for, keep up the good work. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mike & Ikes. Mmm...

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Looks good

Make sure you put in plenty of cover, though. Especially for 2.8 play, it's going to be all about cover!
<h2><font face="symbol">
a 1001</font></h2>

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
when you say that it took a long time to do the very bottom of the hill does that mean that you didn't reduce the poly count before adding in the terrain brush? because if your poly count is at 200 in certain spots reducing the poly by using that di-intersection technique would fix it in a hearbeat. it would also be a lot easier to put down the road textures! by they way the map looks really kick ass. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JB.gif

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
Wait wait, let me guess. You either used the floor lofter in Ued1 then scaled it. But, no, im thinking you either used vertexed cubes or terrain cudes.

Well, i think im right /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.

----

-MiscMan

Everyone is a hypocrite, except me.

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
Close... I made a triangular brush by extruding the default shape in the 2D shape editor, and then used vertex editing to change the heights of the top three vertices in it and added it all over the place.

Yeah, that passage visible in the third picture leads to the tunnel that's barely visible in the first picture.