A discovery about ONS!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the head

Dec 3, 2005
I just thought, now with 2 vehicle sets of 9 vehicels each, onslaught & UnrealWarfare will become bigger then earlier suspected, that's because they must be suited to sets of 9 vehicles insted of 6, in 2k4 even when u had the ECE pack the new vehicels only took the spot of some old ones at the spawn, this time around, we'll must have more vehicle spawn points & due to that, more vehicels to take place with in greater fights over both nodes and optionable objectiveover multiple maps.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Just because there are 18 vehicles doesn't mean there will be all 18 on every map. It just means each side will have either Necris or Axon vehicles.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
I'm amazed that some peopel really can't understand that 2 sets of 9 vehicles never means 18 vehciels I've seen ONS maps with 20 raptors on 1 team and another 20 on the other (the map sucked though) I can't wait to see someone make a mod for WWII with both Axis & Allied tanks facing off!! THAT WOULD OWN along with terrian deformation? Has it been said that UT2k7 will have terrain deformation in UW or ONS?

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
there is already terrain deformation in roboblitz which uses UE3.0 so it must besupported in UT2007 :

destruction4xp.jpg

(i found this image on the net, my system couldn't even launch the damn demo :p )

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
toniglandyl said:
there is already terrain deformation in roboblitz which uses UE3.0 so it must besupported in UT2007 :

destruction4xp.jpg

(i found this image on the net, my system couldn't even launch the damn demo :p )

A picture does not really prove a psychic :p

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
Roboblitz is the only UE3 game. It's a tech demo; that's Intel only. And if pentuim owners think it's a poor game; I wonder what AMD users would make of it?!

18 vehichles? I've seen bases in Onslaught that have 10 vehichles each.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Roboblitz has teh terrain deformation. I've played the game (it's not as bad as you'd think if you play it on a mega-mega-good comp). I would be surprised if UT07 didn't include all vehicle types and movable environments in their ONS/Conquest maps.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
No kiding, what kind of stupid person is expecting to see terrain deformation in UT2007?

"LOLOL DIG-A-HOLE W/ TEH TANK AROUND THE NODE SO ALL GROUND VEHICLES FALL IN TEH HOLE?"

Last edited:

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
The way I see terrain deformation is that you have to have 2 meshes - one is the terrain as it is , and beneath that a bedrock terrain that is non-deformable.

So you can only dig so deep!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's just plain stupid, i see the guy in the tank shot anywhere on the terrain to make it completely impossible to road on. For all the ground vehicle and maybe even mantas. Well if it comes to manta there's a slight problem. Destructible environment such as wall and terrain is VERY stupid if you ask me.

RedFaction is another game, Kthx.

truegamer

Jul 25, 2005
Couple things I want to address.....

1. There is no discovery about Onslaught in UT2007 in here. You might want to change the thread title to something like, "A possible change in Onslaught!", so people aren't lead into thinking there is some actual news in here.

2. Yes, there are ONS maps with 10 vehicles per base... but there's nine vehicles in the game once you add the bonuspack. Obviously, there's duplicates among the mix,which is also something they could do in 2007... but aren't the vehicles, at least in UW, going to be primarially based on the team that's playing (making that distinction between axon and necris)?

Methinks terrain destruction could be one of the game's little arse burgers for some players, and golden rule for others. Just like in UT hammer jumpers would pretty much own assult games... Terrain bitches will be able to ruin onslaught maps.

It was kind of funny though in assault...

*Game begins*

Mr.Wossname on Attackers: "Oo i r teh bonar king! I r do hammer time weeee!"

Announcer (to defenders): "You have lost the match!"

Everyone on defending team: ****!

You can sort of imagine the convos on teh ONS...

"Hey, someone done ****ed up the node!"
"I r teh 1337, I like blew up the floor a bit wit meh tank roffles!!11one!"
"Someone go bitch slap that son of a bitch."
"Weeee! Boom! Ah meh fell i teh hole."

Ah happy days are yet to come.

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
Kantham said:
It's just plain stupid, i see the guy in the tank shot anywhere on the terrain to make it completely impossible to road on. For all the ground vehicle and maybe even mantas. Well if it comes to manta there's a slight problem. Destructible environment such as wall and terrain is VERY stupid if you ask me.

RedFaction is another game, Kthx.
The terrain won't be fully destructable. Just some stuff to give new ways of gameplay, or a few blockades and ****. It's not like you will be able to dig a 1000-feet hole in the ground just for fun. That'd be pathetic.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
There's terrain deformation in Far Cry. It doesn't affect gameplay in a major way. Shoot the ground with a rocket and there's a charred ditch at the point of impact. It just adds a bit to the realism.

xiller

Feb 12, 2006
As far as I have read terrain deformation will be LEVEL DEPENDANT. This means when it makes sense without wrecking the game it could occur!

stas

Oct 18, 2005
i think in options (for serv) there will be terrain destruction scale 0.1-1.0 :)