A Different UNREAL 1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
what Neo mentioned is exactly what I would like to see in the Unreal sp or coop.

Just like on the AlienVsPredator game, it allows you to pick which race to play as and the story line and maps are different for each. Humans have the advantage of multiple weapons while the alien and predator have their own small arsenal. The alien has its dashing and slashing that causes damage as their default weaponry but I can't tell if they had any other weapons because I didn't play past half of the maps. As for the predators, I didn't get to play as him because I got bored of the game lol.

So, as for the unreal game, I would really like to see the same concept as that game. Being able to play as a Skaarj with its claws able to slash and shoot the two plasma shots as its default inventory and maybe make the 2 plasma do a combo if they collide with each other. An advantage of his physics would be the ability to dodge from walls like the ut2k4 players do but not doublejump in the air. The Skaarj already has good sideflip, frontflip and backflip animations that will fit them perfectly because of their agility.

Playing as a Krall would be having their default weapon that could be upgraded with some pickups just like the DispersionPistol does. One thing I noticed about the Kralls is that they're the only ones that can doublejump (air jump) from all the other pawns and that ability will fit them correctly, no wall dodging so they differ from the Skaarjs though.

If I was a Mercenary, being able to upgrade its default weapon like the Kralls would fit them too. Maybe more damage and speed could do the trick. And as an extra ability for them would be their usual timed invulnerable shielding.

Well, those are a few things I would like to see. Each race can have its own story line, inventory, maps (about 5 to 7 would do), beginning and end. To do something like this would probably take some very dedicated modders that know what they're doing and willing to accomplish the work from start to finish. Maybe even new models for each race's default weapon with their skins might be needed as well but as I said before, a team of inspired members would be needed.

just my 2 cents...

FXD|Shadow

Mad Man, really
Sounds like a serious, realizeable well thought concept for a future unreal/ut mod if you ask me... Just add some cool rpg features (upgrading weapons, own character, world interaction) and new gameplay ideas, maybe eye candy here and there... oh and yeah... the Team.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There was already a cancelled project where you were meant to play as Skaarj....