A Couple Map Ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cypher

Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
I have absolutly no mapping skillz - I couldn't even attach a hall to the big room the tutorial tought me to build :( .
Anyways I have been looking at these forums every day or every other day for a while and have not added anything helpful so heres a couple map ideas.
The first one is a rip-off of an old official StrikeForce map. It was in one of the older versions - it was an apartment that contained several bedrooms, a bathroom, a main living room, a entertainment room (T.V, big stereo, comp, you know the deal), kitchen all on the main floor. The is also a staircase that was in a main hall connecting the kitchen and the living room. I'll get back the stairs in a moment. The living room was a rather large open room that contained furniture and such. At the opposite end of the room (opposed to the side conecting to the hallway) was another halway that connected to all the bedrooms, the entertainment room, and an open terrace (not of much use other than fencing yourself in for the kill :p ). The rooms had a bed and a chest of drawers from what i could remember. The two smaller bedrooms connected to a small bathroom through a backdoor(one for each room). At the end of the hall was the bathroom and a master bedroom.
The kitchen was rather nice (as far as kitchens go) It was nicly laid out with an island counter through the entire kitchen (the kitchen being rather rectangular in design). With a counter along one long side side, the entrance door on one short side, appliances along the other long side, and a back door going outside on the last short side(i'll get to that in a minute).
The stair case i mentioned goes down to the garage. The staircase goes down awayfrom the garage, comes to a stop, and goes down back to a door leading into the garage.
Now the garage has a hummer or some car in it (whatever works eh ;) ). Theres an outside area where Red Team would start that has a hummer or two parked. Heres where the map really shines IMHO. The Red Team can either enter through the garage or acces a series or ladders (like an fire escape, the original maps ladder system was kinda stupid) that lead to the kitchens back door or to a ventilation system. The vent system would be low enough that the person would have to duck. There were mutliple vent access in the appartment - first was the (and second depending on how you look at it) was vents in closest inside the two small bedrooms. Second was a vent dropping into the middle of the entertainment room. I am not sure but there might have been a vent into the bathroom but i can't remember.
Blue Team would start in the bedroom halway and/or in the main living room.
Well there the first one, if anyone wants to make this map just post here - not that I decide who makes maps around here ;) . Maybe someone could post a rough copy of the layout and i could tell if its accurate (but then again there a creative licence).
The second map and a third one that occured to me after i finished that first map (both are probably impossible due to polys, but hey, here they are). First is an old factory like the ones you see in a movie. The other would be a sports stadium of some sort.
Well theres my 2 cents :D .

[This message was edited by CptDavis on Jan 03, 2001 at 18:59.]

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
I myself kinda liked the angelheart version the coolest part was how the music changed when you pushed in different cd trays in the various cd players throughout the house.

Map and the world maps with you.

Styx_Surfer

Pictor Habilis
Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
www.styxgraphics.com
Wow, I didn't notice that...
/Runs off to try it

Handsome Boy Modeling School Graduate
page

My homepage