1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

A community EAS map pack each month/2 months ?

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Vega-don, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

many people don't download the custom maps because they dont browse the forums, but if theire was on inf homepage a link to a community EAS map pack each 2 month/ month , many more would.

i just bring the question.is inf team agree with that already?

2. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

realmaps did this with the monthly mappack, if something like this gets done again getting the news and links up at the inf homepage shouln't be the problem. but the map sites are lacking reviewers etc atm, until this has changed i don't consider such a mappack something we will see soon.

3. Vega-don

we must have that thing back online..look in the other thread "where i can download Vladivostock night"
    where are the Combatmaps/Realmaps admins?

4. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

Realmaps seems to be dead, but the Combatmaps guys are pretty fast when it comes to providing downloads for the latest maps. I like the idea behind a bi-monthly mappack, but I fear that might also mean that new maps get only added to servers every two months, even when the maps have already been released for weeks.

5. Vega-don

thats a drawback but its either every two month or either you have 75% of the inf players that dont have the custom maps..

6. Fenris

Fenris [-I-]Fenris

Alternative now is that everytime a custom map, even if only fixed DS or DS at all, you lose 50-80% of the players on the server. Happens all the time on our server. People do not even have DS-Mappack and many gaming site did not provide that DL at all...

7. Alpha_9

Alpha_9 Infiltration lead level designer

If you guys could coordinate this w/ a review site like Combatmaps it's a simple matter to just put the news in the community section of the INF main page. Once that's back up of course. ;)

8. Vega-don

MAT 69 ! can you do that ? or coordinate that ? we can find hosts everywhere for the files ... its not a problem

9. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Ive told Kibbles I was interested in continuing reviewing for realmaps, and I wouldnt mind doing it for combatmaps.de either but I didnt even know they needed reviewers... :eek:

10. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

combatmaps has a job opening for just about anything atm

11. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

I like this idea, but I can not do it, I am still with 1GB a month (this time 1,41 GB, expensive, expensive ... arg :( ).
    But I think Cleeus has it better and also Jogi can transfere more (and I still have a good [lame] exuse *evilgrin* :D ).
    Yes fist is right, we're searching people who are willing to help and there aren't many actually.
    I hope this idea comes true, because I think it will make it easier for all.

Btw. I wish you all a good new year! :)

12. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

on an sidenote: i realy wanted to apply to your request but as a maper i am to biased for reviews (it was the community feedback that brought me semi back to inf mapping after all) and as the person i am im just unable to du a useable tutorial - and belive me, i realy tried to get a nice tutorial done for combatmaps. considering my experiences with tbuildt i can only suggest to anybody who is unshure but willing to join the combatmaps team to do exactly this, i for one enjoyed working within a real team.

however i have got unlimited upload volume as well as the possibility to use access a broadband connection, and i am more then willing to help...

desweiteren wünsche ich einen guten rutsch ins neue jahr für all euch, die ihr eure zeit der weiteren verbesserung dieses unseres lieblingsmods, seiner wahrnehmung seitens der spieler alswie außenstehender widmet und somit die gemeinschaft bereichert. auf das die gegenwärtig offensichtliche kreativität auch weiterhin gewährleistet bleibt und das morgenliche erwachen eurerseits weniger unerfreulich zu ewarten ist wie das meinereiner.

(imo the only way for me to say this was in my native language, and as everybody here knows what i said i don't have to care to translate it. consider this my special appreciation to the inf mod community)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  13. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Mat PM me if your interested in a reviewer with some experience ;)

14. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

NTKB, stick around, RM might be revived (if Kibbles ever replies to my PM).

15. [C22]-Dragoon

[C22]-Dragoon Catch-22 Clan leader

If you need people to upload files to the server contact me, I'm happy to do it. and 1GB/Month?! Omg, I usually transfer 4 times that a day ...

And about that bi-monthly map pack: I guess it would be nice atleast for new players who join the community to get the latest maps easy. But I dont think it will slow down the rate the maps are added to game servers. Atleast I tend to download each map separately and test it, if its good enough it gets to the list.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2004