1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

a bit disappointed by latest runtime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by afecelis, Jan 10, 2005.

1. afecelis

afecelis New Member

Hi guys!

It's been almost 3 months since I checked the state of the runtime or the forums. For my surprise, there was a new version of the runtime so I downloaded it immediately, but for my bigger surprise now the runtime has got this demo "waiting" screen that's kind of annoying after getting accustomed to the other version.

I know you guys work hard on the runtime and got the right to make money out of it, but weren't things working properly as they were? I mean, many of us were really using it for educational-learning non-commercial projects but now this screen and the "buy me" message showing up everytime you want to visualize your map seems to be gotten lost from the runtime's initial philosophy.

I'm sure if we ever get to make money out of it (non-game money) we'll be pleased to pay for it, but meanwhile it will only make people get away from using it and getting to know its potential.

dunno, but now I'm thinking it twice to retake my architectural visualization project with the runtime.

just my 2cs of opinion.

2. David_Web

David_Web New Member

You are not the only one, see my orher thread.

perhaps Vito would like to place a comment aboute the future of the demo?

3. Leionaad

Leionaad New Member

this is why I rolled back to a previous version in the first place. Pretty pad, I suppose they ran into some abuses, this is why decided to do so.
    Anyways, if any of you know some article about this issue (I mean OFFICIAL STATEMENTS) please let me know.

4. Keith

Keith New Member

I use the program in a classroom to teach Strategies and Tactics to Airport firefighters, it is a little strange to have the buy me disclamer pop up in the classroom. It is pretty hard to get the city to pay that kind of money to have a registered version. All in all I'm really happy to just have a program like this....thanks to all you folks for building Runtime