A bit about SP...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

A-Laon

The Existential Warrior
Dec 4, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA - Go Steelers!
I downloaded the SP Framewrok recently (and am hellishly glad I did) and I've come across a few problems, whether they be small details left out of the framework, or just an epitome of my stupidity.

Ok first off, I want the player to use the inventory items, however, I want to customize which ones and how many of those he starts with, which I haven't found a way to do. Anyone know?

Second, in the SPLevelInfo actor, I made it so you use inventory items, however, ever since, even when disabling items, I always start with a shock rifle, rocket launcher, and bio rifle. Yes I've tried changing starting weapons. Doesn't work at the slightest. Any ideas on fixing this?

Next up, I've been wondering how exactly to go about playing my map. If I do it by going into ut2004 and choosing single player then map, it all works fine. However, when I try to do it by launching the actual framework (basically, the ut2004 with the different main screen and menu music, don't know how else to put it) the map doesnt even show up. I assume this means its meant to be played from ut2004, but just seems weird that it wouldnt use the framework... just wondering about that one... hope it made sense.

Finally, I've been wondering if there's a way to cross-breed the SP framework and the skaarjfest mutator. I was thinking of making a strand of missions where you're a skaarj fighting off kralls, and the mutator alone doesnt work. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.