48 Hour Madness: Mass Effect 2 (PC) $11.90

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Bah, I wish it was this cheap when I first bought it. I was so looking forward to the sequel to one of the best games I've ever played and I was really disappointed. I played it for about a week and lost all interest. :(

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Same. I never even did any DLC because I had no more interest. I did hear that the Shadow Broker DLC was really good, though. Maybe when this is $11 on Steam I'll get it and buy a couple of the DLC.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Same. I never even did any DLC because I had no more interest. I did hear that the Shadow Broker DLC was really good, though. Maybe when this is $11 on Steam I'll get it and buy a couple of the DLC.

Wait, if you played it why would you need to buy it again?

Also, I don't understand how if you guys liked the first how you didn't like this one, I enjoyed it more than the first probably. :D

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yeap, the second game had a lot of annoying things. Not game-breaking, but annoying.
Also, the DLC system is silly. You need to purchase BioWare points in order to unlock DLCs; now it would be OK for the most part, but when you have the game without DLC, it's blindingly obvious that it's not the full game - you have locked rooms which should be habitable, references to non-existent vehicles etc. When I buy a game, I expect it to be the full game, not a kinda-sorta-full-but-please-buy-DLCs type. That's just cash milking. At least in the first game, DLCs were DLCs - without them, you don't feel like having a non-complete game, they only added to the game. Although DLCs should be free in the first place...

Anyway, my review is here:
http://greatemerald.xmpcommunity.co...eneral-articles/122-mass-effect-2-review.html

Abvex

Feb 18, 2008
I am hoping for a GOTY Version with all the DLCs included. Hoping the same for Dragon Age.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
DLC? What happened to the good old expansion pack?

Digital distribution happened.

Well, the Digital Deluxe version comes with 2 DLCs + Cerberus network which gives you 5 more DLCs, so why can't there be another version with all DLCs?

The upcoming PS3 version is supposed to include either all or at least a good chunk of the DLC from what I've read. If they decide to release it with all of the DLC then I don't see no reason why they wouldn't look into a GOTY edition for the other platforms.