1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

3D chat with music

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by MCSpanky, Oct 31, 2003.

1. MCSpanky

MCSpanky New Member

Hi all,

Just a note to let everyone know about our mod Esc:

http://www.esconline.org

There's no shooting, it turns UT into a chat room with streaming audio, push buttons to dance, etc. Give it a try. What do you think? What features would you like to see added?

Cheers,
    Spanky

2. Zur

Zur surrealistic mad cow

Hmm, interesting concept. I'll do a post about this on the Unreal forum of Gamerz.be and see what people think of it.

3. Max]I[muS-X

Max]I[muS-X New Member

on that note, even if not possible, itd be cool to see the Find Internet Games menu replaced with a huge, interactive map that every player on the Unreal Tournament network has to join before joining a game, with portals leading to different servers, and jump points taking u to different areas of the map (since itd have to be friggin huge). server admins could pick out their own spots or even add to the map, ala www.activeworlds.com, with a button to press that will bring up a menu like the original Find Internet Games menu, for those who dont want to deal with the bs. :)

P.S. im just giving my idea of the ideal format a mod like the one stated in the topic should be in :)

4. Jedediah Knight

Jedediah Knight Flag Runner of the Year

Ask me again when they get a server up and running.

5. MCSpanky

MCSpanky New Member

Fearless: Cool, thanks. We need all the visibility we can get!

Max: Yeah, that'd truely be cool. Want to code it up? ;)

We've got one: esc.media.mit.edu. I don't remember the IP address off the top of my head, but it's in the Esc readme.

6. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

I remember trying esc along time ago.

7. MCSpanky

MCSpanky New Member

Well we've come a long way since then. To set up a server you can now use regular MP3s playing in WinAmp.