3d Apps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

App Pole

• Total voters

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Just wanting to get some opinions on the different 3d apps out there as I'm going to purchase one (to start with). Since the student price is relativly close most of the apps I just want to find out what other people think advantages of one over the other ect..

Ive used a bit of 3d max so I'm more familiar with the layout for it but I'm since I don't have that much experience I dont think learning how to use another app would really bother me that much.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I only really know Max and Maya. Max is way better than Maya imho although the interface isn't very user friendly (which Maya is). Lightwave I've never seen but Hide's the man who uses that ;)

Max gets my vote anyway :tup:

MOS-6581

C64 Lives
Apr 25, 2005
Softimage|XSI, powerfull modelling tools and even more powerfull
tools for animating.

-Tj-

Nov 30, 2004
MOS-6581 said:
Softimage|XSI, powerfull modelling tools and even more powerfull
tools for animating.

Used both Maya and Softimage|XSI in-depth, so I can honestly say XSI has my thumbs up. Though the edge isn't that much more all-around, factor in the superior modeling workflow and rock-bottom software price (non-student price for Foundation is less than $500) and XSI comes out on top.

Of course, Blender's free, so... :lol:

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
Cinema 4d all the way.
Though i'd still have to use 3ds for unreal models.

If you want a more popular one, I'd take maya before 3ds.