3Com scam don't get burnt!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sky

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
I have been in communication with 3Com concerning a certain modem. This is a hardware version of a PCI modem. The idea is for the user to have better pings and connection stability. This is not true.
My first e-mail to 3 com stated my problem. They replied with a request of my system specs and problem. I gave them these then I was informed what did I expect them to do with all that information. WTF??? So I told them to do whatever they wanted to with it . I then explained very carefully the problem again and listed their requests which included a trip to a long distance phone call to their BBS to do a few tests.
I then informed the tech that if that was specific enough to peel their flat Arss out of their chair and give it to someone with a High scool diploma. My next reply informed me the problem was given to an engineer and I should hear back shortly. That was last week. This modem goes back don't buy it!!!!!

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Boy, you were right I just got emailed back and their no help Grrrr I hope they get ruined after trying to rip us Gamers off..

bullet2.gif

If you don't like what I have to say, then move on!!!

TheRock

The Official BuF MASCOT
Nov 10, 1999
Smackdown Hotel
members.ud.com
Ah the Rock is not suprised you guys got suckered. How could you actually believe a modem could be hardware modified to get lower pings?????!!!!!!!
ITS CALLED ANOLOGUE.
TO MANY FRIGGIN VARIABLEs. Heck even The Rock
POS lucent winmodem with netcom gets great pings. OF like 160 in ut.
In q3 its like 120-150.
The only hardware you can get that makes a difference is.... ISDN,CABLE MODEM and DSL.
And now that the FCC has ruled in favor of small isps with regards to DSL.
The MILLIONS AND ..... THE MILLIONS WILL BE ABLE TO AFfORD DSL!!!!

Sky

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
You say youyr not suprised then you ask how could we. Go stand in front of a mirror and suck in your gut and pretend your a wrestler ashley. You are such a dweeb.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Sometimes I wish some of these 3rd party manufacturers get their heads together on these things.
Take the modem back, any fix is hardware related, and wont fix your modem.
I found a genuine Hayes modem and the drivers were ON my Win98 CD and i didnt have to use the hayes driver set. WOwzers. Works!