1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[2K4] Skin 3rd Person Help

Discussion in 'Ask a Coder' started by DeathOmen, Jun 6, 2005.

1. DeathOmen

DeathOmen New Member

Ok i have a super shock rifle, got the custom skin for first person gotta custom zoom... got it all figured out, but when i go into 3rd person, or see someone with the gun, the skins default... How would i make it so when u see someone in 3rd person it will show my skin? Thanks

-OmeN

2. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Did you set the proper default properties in the attachment class?

3. DeathOmen

DeathOmen New Member

well im actually editing the default one that comes with the game, and umm... there is no attatchment class lol...
    but heres what i put in the ZoomSuperShockRifle.uc file
    Code:
         Skins(0)=Texture'KURifle.Shock.ShockRifleTex0'
    thats all i know how to do, that makes it so it shows the skin in first person

4. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

It's inheritted. Check ShockRifle, which is the super class of ZoomSuperShockRifle's super class. You'll find AttachmentClass=Class'XWeapons.ShockAttachment'. That's what's being attached to players in 3rd person.

You could change the skin properties of ShockAttachment, but that would also change the way SuperShockRifles and ShockRifles looked in third person. Instead, you should probably subclass ShockAttachment, change its skin properties to your liking, and then set the AttachmentClass default property in ZoomSuperShockRifle to that subclass of ShockAttachment that you just made.

Does that make sense?

5. DeathOmen

DeathOmen New Member

makes perfect sense, thanks man

6. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Any time. ;3