1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

2D style mod?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Gungriffon Geona, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Gungriffon Geona

Gungriffon Geona fartdongs

since I've never seen it done before, I was wondering if it's possible to create a "2d" system for UT2K4, like old platform games and such. Of course, 3D would allow much more capable background work to be used, and other misc ideas I've got, but for the moment I want to know whether it would be a severe pain to implement.

2. pospi

pospi New Member

It's been done quite a few times.

Have a search for K0lpa's 2D Tournament, Unreal4Ever 2D Beta or Marshmallow Duel Mowbray's Revenge. There was also a singleplayer one recently but I can't remember the name of it right now.

3. Gungriffon Geona

Gungriffon Geona fartdongs

well that helps out some. atleast now I know that some do exist. truth be told, I was going to try to remake the first level of Assault Suits Valken in UT2K4, but I wanted to have it in pseudo 2D platformer style. just checking to see if it was indeed possible. Thanks.

4. Raven

Raven Member

5. Hazard.ep

Hazard.ep New Member

I have done some 2d coding, the point of view is pretty easy to achieve. What does make a lot of trouble (and I haven't solved this problem yet) is collision handling by physics, which usually results in the player getting pushed into and out of the plane it should move on.