2D Editor grid

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tbone1

Jun 19, 2004
All of the tutorials indicate that the 2D editor should open with a grid. Some say it will also display a square as the default starting figure, others say a triangle (probably depending on the age of the tutorial.)

In my case, a square is displayed, but with no grid and no way to determine the scale of the figure. I have not been able to find a way to display the grid. Any ideas?
Allen

-\Zeta-

Rave-0-Lution
May 22, 2004
canada
off course .. i got this broblem a lot of times .. u mean that u dont see any grid right ? ok .. there how u can get thought this - open editor :lol: then . u may have noticed that sreen is more flashy (white) , this is becus , editor as loaded Advenced information , then go in -- View-»» Advanced option -»»» Editor --»»» Advenced .. ok now u see gamma , brightness , ... change it by downing the value of 1 ... (adjust it to clear the more usless white u can) then .. open 2d shape editor .. NOw u may see the grid
andrew

Tbone1

Jun 19, 2004
Thanks, ZetaMillenium,
I set both brightness and gamma down to .6 and the grid now shows up.
Brightness I understand. What is gamma?
Allen

Oagh

Sep 24, 2004
Tbone1 said:
All of the tutorials indicate that the 2D editor should open with a grid. Some say it will also display a square as the default starting figure, others say a triangle (probably depending on the age of the tutorial.)

In my case, a square is displayed, but with no grid and no way to determine the scale of the figure. I have not been able to find a way to display the grid. Any ideas?
Allen
If you click on your toolbar a few times the grid will show up