[29-Aug] New UTXMP Shots/Bonus Movie on Free-Monkey.com

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i liked the vid, but the question is how will it affect hte fps, because i am really concerned about that.

Astmatik

ONE DAY \o/
Jan 9, 2004
Poland
It's great that you FMI guys are keeping this fantastic flavour of XMP.
I'm talking about XMP-styled bases and interface art. :D
Looks sweet.

Btw thats a very good question:

Emmet Otter said:
... will the ingame HUD maintain the same?

But looking at the main menu design im sure that even if you change it, it'll be good.

Great work FMI. Cant wait to see more stuff (and eventually play this TC).

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Yes. I doubt we'll ever be able to get it looking as good as it did under Aaron's (U2) particle system. The Epic and DE particle systems were just not written with flamethrowers in mind.

{DE}Rarhok

May 16, 2004
It's cool how the pieces of debris that dun shoot out far enough get engulfed by the explosion and disintegrate into nothingness while the pieces that escape shrink, some fall to the ground and bounce or roll around.

Will dynamic lighting be implemented where that explosion would light up the brightness of its surroundings?

trogetta

XMP Beta Tester
Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
just a suggestion, although you've probably implemented it...is this explosion gonna be scalable with the world detail setting?

ie:
highest=the way it is now
high=current with less debree, 1/2 particles
normal=just the explosion part?

or something along those lines?

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
trogetta said:
just a suggestion, although you've probably implemented it...is this explosion gonna be scalable with the world detail setting?

ie:
highest=the way it is now
high=current with less debree, 1/2 particles
normal=just the explosion part?

or something along those lines?
This will most likely depend on how much of a performance hit the various elements of the explosion are.

The Big Noz

Jun 2, 2004
and the bots!!!!????

oh my god!!! what i can't believe it! it's incredible! astonishing! oustanding!!!

so i have seen on the new screenshot (this of the menu) there an instant action choice!!!!!But does it mean there will be a bots match allowed by the Great Free Monkey??????? :2thumb: