1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

2016 Presidential Primaries

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Al, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

Cheetos are a food of peace.

2. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

you're not an objective observer.
    it's clear that your passion lies more in defeating a liberal agenda than voting for the best candidate. you can spin it however you want but your words don't match reality.

there is real evidence to suggest that Trump will be a dogshit president.
    - mocks crippled people
    - wants to ban Muslims from entering the country
    - wants to deport all immigrants
    - wants to physically build walls between people
    - labels Latinos as rapists and murders (some, he suspects, are good people)
    - labels the President as a secret Kenyan Muslim
    - praises Vladmir Putin, takes money from the Russian mob, and encourages Russian hackers to commit espionage against the US
    - wants to criminalize a woman's right to choose and access birth control
    - was once sued by the Justice Department for failing to rent his properties to black people
    - calls black people "the blacks" and points to a black man calling him "my African American"
    - butchers simple passages from the Bible while claiming to be devout
    - chooses a Vice President who actively hates and oppresses gay people
    - lies about donating money to US veterans charities
    - lies about his net worth
    - lies about personal business ventures
    - can't find a single person outside of his own family to say something nice about him
    - talks about the size of his own penis when his manhood is threatened
    - doesn't understand how female reproductive organs work
    - admits wanting to have sex with his own daughter

and these are just the blatant realities of the last decade or so.
    Trump didn't self fund his campaign. are you daft? he's sold millions of dollars of those hats and T shirts. his website was setup to receive donations all along. and he's been given billions of dollars in free advertising and CONSTANT air-time (at least 10x the amount of air time of any of the other candidates; often combined) thanks to the supposed "news journalism" in this country. they care more about ratings than sorting through the bullshit or supporting the facts; CNN and late night talk shows basically did all the campaigning for him. his campaign is self funded if by self funded you mean corporate sponsored. every time he speaks he just hawks his book...

he might love the country because the US has poor financial and real estate regulations. good for him and the business he was handed by his daddy.
    if you think he loves the people in this country you're just a buffoon. he loves the money. he loves Donald. he doesn't care about you. he's never done anything in his career to indicate that he cares about anything other than Number 1. if you can't see this then you're a dumb person. if you can't see this then you are simply lying to yourself because you're too desperate to beat Hillary. voting for Trump is cutting off your nose to spite your face. it's definitely not a vote for actionable policy or intelligent discourse because these things are absent from his campaign.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Vaskadar, Al and The Dopefish like this.
  3. The Dopefish

The Dopefish Active Member

I also wanted to point out that because he's not revealing his tax records he's obscuring where he's getting his money from. I think it's safe to envision that it's like Warden Norton from Shawshank on steroids.

Hey, I get it, Trump would rather have a transparent personality than be transparent about much else; it's a businessman's perspective and it's what gets so many people excited about him. It's also what turns so many people off about him because it is so unilateral. It's also what scares so many people, because he is declaring that he alone will solve all of America's problems. I can imagine the devastating extent to which he could use executive orders, particularly under the guise of restoring law and order.

4. Jacks:Revenge

he's not really a billionaire, that's why he won't release them.
    granted he's got more money than I do, but again he just lies about literally everything. I'd be wealthy too if my daddy gave me a million dollar loan and a real estate business during a time when the whole real estate market was a hollow pile of cards ripe for abuse. it's not like he built himself from nothing. everything about his persona is fraudulent. he acts tough but sues stand up comedians for slander. everything about his personality is blatantly hypocritical. even his stance as some kind of 'political outsider' is stark bullshit. he's been involved in politics and scratching backs with politicians for decades albeit outside of elected office. Trump is the walking contradiction.

and now he's openly calling on a borderline enemy nation to commit espionage against the US.
    can you imagine what people would say if a Democrat asked Russia to spy on a Republican candidate? they'd lynch them. we'd never heard the end of it. for years. Fox News would have a field day. but they don't bat an eye when it comes from Trump. they have to support the nominee, grin and bear it, all so they can try and justify their temper tantrum against Hillary.

such asinine levels of hypocrisy. it would be comical if it weren't utterly putrid.

Vaskadar likes this.
  5. ZenPirate

ZenPirate Living Legend (and moderator)

He's certainly hasn't been getting money from American banks. It's fairly certain he's into the Russian banks for as much as $600 million.

Personally, this was enough to change my mind from "not voting at all" to "voting for Hillary" :
    http://www.vox.com/2016/7/30/12332922/donald-trump-khan-muslim

6. The Dopefish

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been watching FiveThirthyEight.com's Election Forecast daily for some time now. At its most conservative setting, polls-plus, the last time anyone posted in this thread was roughly (within a percentage point) the closest Donald Trump has been to Hillary Clinton in this race. As of today, he's now roughly (within a percentage point) the furthest away he's been.

7. Jacks:Revenge

Trump is jamming his foot in his mouth as if that fuckin' shit were goin' out of style...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. The Dopefish

What's fun is that with all the claims he's making about Pennsylvania and how the vote will be rigged or cheated, he has won zero polls there going back to March.

Vaskadar and Jacks:Revenge like this.
  9. Jacks:Revenge

he's been setting up his loser scenario since the beginning.
    the "rigged" card is just setting up his next big excuse for when he loses to Hillary in a relative landslide.

Vaskadar and Al like this.
  10. The Dopefish

Bonus fun: Breitbart also finds Hillary ahead of Donald.

Al likes this.
  11. Jacks:Revenge

you mean it's not just the Lamestream Media in the bag for Clinton??

color me shocked ;)

Al likes this.
  12. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

The much more important question: Who's ahead in the unpopularity vote?

Vaskadar likes this.
  13. Al

Al Reaper

Trump.

But Trump supporters will just tell you the polling is rigged and secretly Trump is loved by everyone (minorities especially!) and is winning by fuckloads.

14. The Dopefish

RealClearPolitics.com is also a pretty good site to stay up-to-date with.

Al likes this.
  15. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

Alright, so this time, not the most favored candidate will win, but the least disliked? Clinton is still also more disliked than liked. Sanders should have probably just run as independent candidate from the start.

16. The Dopefish

American presidential elections are a joke, aren't they? Whether it's disenfranchised voters, corruption and gerrymandering, votes literally thrown out and/or not counted, and politicians who aren't politicians at all.

Vaskadar likes this.
  17. Jacks:Revenge

regardless of who you support, we have essentially the most corrupt representatives of almost any government on Earth.
    I mean in some places they just outright murder their political rivals and make journalists disappear, so we're slightly ahead on that note. otherwise the only difference is that our politicians have the game down to a science; where the whole thing operates under the guise of 'choice' as they all shake hands and smile at each other with a smug sense of civility.

by and large our Congress only exists to serve the interests of the rich getting richer at the expense of everyone else.
    they've had to cave on a lot of social progress by the sheer pressure of cultural evolution, but there's been basically zero progress in the areas of economic instability, extreme wealth inequality, campaign finance reform, massive discrepancies in the criminal justice system, health insurance/pharmaceutical monopolies, or any serious funding of our eroding social safety net.

the lionshare of fiscal growth in this country is enjoyed by barely 1% of the population.
    we're talking about (in essence) a small neighborhood of families who control more assets and have access to more capital than everyone else below them combined.

if you could draw it up in a formula? this is literally how Rome collapsed. under these conditions.
    and the US is not even 250 years old.

Al likes this.
  18. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

Well I'm convinced. Can we all please vote for Trump? I'll accept the minor fact that I'll most likely get a nuke dropped on my head closely followed by the complete eradication of the human, and shit tons of other species. The advantage is just too big:

[​IMG]

19. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

I hope that the DNC replaces Hillary with Bernie and we have the biggest ideological debate ever in recent history. Also, before someone says Trump has no policy I would remind you that he has released hundreds of pages of policy papers. You won't find them on reddit or cnn. They are on his website. Win or lose, Bernie and Trump would be better for everyone.

20. Jacks:Revenge

lol. his website...
    it's a little less than "hundreds" of pages to be exact, but you know Trump didn't actually write a word of it anyhow.

it's also pretty cute how at the very top of the Positions page is an inane diatribe about how Mexico will be 'compelled' to pay for the Wall.
    which kind of renders the rest of his positions obsolete in terms of a debate. perhaps his single most unrealistic, ignorant, and unAmerican policy is still sitting right up there front and center as though he believes there's any universe in which construction of a wall between Mexico and the US will occur. Trump debates won't yield some kind of great philosophical revelations. Don will come prepared with some decent coaching on the important talking points but the man is intellectually bankrupt; morals notwithstanding. he has nothing novel to say. no wonder you have to go to his website and read his ghostwritten policies. this orange blowhard has had 12 months now to make serious policy speeches and to display some level of depth or insight. instead, he's spent the entire time giving his opponents nicknames, quoting fascist dictators on Twitter, threatening the media, reassuring us the size of his hands, encouraging violence at his rallies, displaying an uncanny misunderstanding of minority groups, and mostly rambling about how he's THE BEST and everything's going to be THE BEST if you just BELIEVE ME it's all going to be THE GREATEST because I'm SO SMART because I said so.

get the fuck outta' here :lol:

he's not a powerhouse ideologue or influential thought-leader or provocateur.
    he's just another spoiled rich brat playing at legacy- and ego-building.

it's relatively juvenile, but if you want to vote Trump just to "rock the boat," I guess that's one thing.
    if you want to vote Trump because you truly believe he's an inspirational man with GREAT ideas? you're a stupid person.