2 new servers waiting for UTXMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Apathy

The original
Apr 16, 2004
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Currently hosting ONS default settings
Linux Elite® (UTXMP future server)
67.15.21.184:7777

Currently hosting CTF default settings
Linux Elite® (UTXMP future server)
67.15.20.193:7777

Located in Texas, both will be changed to 24 player servers for utxmp.
I have not put any extras such as cheat protection or running any mutators for now, this is just establishing the servers ahead of time in preparation for the mod.
Give them a go and let me know if there is any network tweaking that should be done, all I have changed so far is the rate to 10000, I am not too experienced in ut2k4 servers so I don't know if this would be the most compatible rate setting, everything else is default.
Anyone know of a good public (or private) redirect that I can upload the mod to once it's available?

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
I think max 24 players will be very spammish, 14 is default, 15-18 works but 18+ is just spam.

Apathy

The original
Apr 16, 2004
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thank Mantik, I'll check it out.
I only set it to 24 players since I think that is what the Myu server is set at but I can lower it just the same if that is what most players prefer.

This is the type of feedback I am looking for, thanks.

are you guys gonna PW any of these for us special people? like all us Old Skooler XMP'ers and what not? maybe do something like MyU has, when it reaches half full there is a PW set up. also what's a good server....server for UTXMP? i heard Talon Servers were good, but can anyone tell me why? or a better server place.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
talonservers are good, even to those in the us, some clans still have a xmp server up with them, it might have some ping loss, due to the fact that when i usually get on u2xmp i notice at least 4 different cheats, but what i woud like to ask is will utxmp include built in reserve passwords, when the server has a set number of people, because if it does, i would definately use it :)... after all, most servers need that just to keep the ping low, unless you add in the adition of certain cheating practices.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
fireball, it might be a surprise, but i know of some players in xmp that definately cheat, but most of the people now know how to spot them, i can provide solid proof of cheating, and i will leave it at that, because you can just ask my clan leader, because i showed him my solid proof.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
The Jackal-XMP said:
are you guys gonna PW any of these for us special people? like all us Old Skooler XMP'ers and what not? maybe do something like MyU has, when it reaches half full there is a PW set up. also what's a good server....server for UTXMP? i heard Talon Servers were good, but can anyone tell me why? or a better server place.

Jackal,

For US based servers www.xeno-technologies.com has been great so
far. Their prices are very reasonable and our XMP server is top notch.
The rental comes with a slew of features as well. FTP, web services,
redirect, etc.

I have no reason to think our UT2004(UTXMP) server will be any different.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Dandeloreon1984 said:
fireball, it might be a surprise, but i know of some players in xmp that definately cheat, but most of the people now know how to spot them, i can provide solid proof of cheating, and i will leave it at that, because you can just ask my clan leader, because i showed him my solid proof.
I've seen definite cheaters as well.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
JagoXmp said:
Jackal,

For US based servers www.xeno-technologies.com has been great so
far. Their prices are very reasonable and our XMP server is top notch.
The rental comes with a slew of features as well. FTP, web services,
redirect, etc.

I have no reason to think our UT2004(UTXMP) server will be any different.

can you give more details on this, because i don't see exactly what all they do... how about getting more specific details.

Killinya

[BBF]Killinya
Feb 2, 2004
The Jackal-XMP said:

Try BBFWEB.com... we sell gameservers, web servers, what ever u need and the prices are good too... ;) :D

Apathy

The original
Apr 16, 2004
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
This may be a bit off topic but I added wormbo's latest anticc protection to both my servers yesterday and so far the lag issues from that mod are gone.
The only lag I noticed was during the mid-game check but it wasn't a problem since it only happens the first time you die.
I hope anticc and UTXMP are compatible.