1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

2 mod ideas

Discussion in 'Mod/Mutator Ideas' started by Sumguy, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Sumguy

Sumguy New Member

Ok, this is an idea for 4 teams. A normal ctf map loads but the flags have divided, 2 at each base. Lets say Blue and Red at one end and Gold and Green at the other. Red and Blue cannot score off each others flags(same for Green and Gold). Also 1 flag per fc. And thats it!
    If you think about it, this brings in loads of tactical gameplay:- teams working together, flag robbings, other stuff, etc.
    I'm never going to make the mod but just thought I'd share the idea. I only play 2k3 these days but I've never seen 4 team mods for it(is it possible?).

Another thing I'd like to see is a kind of map manager that renames a ctf, dm or br map to dm or other game types for the duration of the map so that you can easily play online invasion on ctf maps for example as they would show on the vote menu as dm. You can rename them manually of course but you have to have two or more versions of the same map and it doesnt work on the fly and the admin would have to rename his maps first for ol play. Perhaps a br game played on a ctf map could remove the flags and place goals or ctf on a dm map could randomly place flags :)
    That wasn't very well worded but I hope you can see what I mean.
    You can use these ideas as you wish(please do). To play the results would be awsome!

2. Pxtl

Pxtl Lord of the Files

There are several 4 team mods for UT

There are several 4 team mods for UT. UT2k3 lacks that feature. Get yourself UT classic, and look up CTF4, MultiCTF, or just play UT Domination with 4 teams.

3. Sumguy

Sumguy New Member

Yeah, I haven't played UT for ages and thats what I miss the most (apart from the zombies). I hope 2k4 has some kind of multi team support.