1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

2.87 - Hill Bug

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by unixman, Jan 26, 2002.

1. unixman

unixman [pthread] The Clan of One

Here's a question. Has the bloody hill bug been fixed in 2.87? That bug is right up there with rushers and walking armories in anoyingness.

2. erehwoN

erehwoN The Bass Ackwards BTL

My un-expert opinion

Disclaimer: I am probably wrong, but...
    As far as I know, the hill bug isn't with INF, but within UT's code. UT likes fast paced play with 'level' surfaces, so it doesn't really like the slow pace of INF on 'hills.' But who knows, the team may be able to fix it.

3. zeep

zeep :(

i've played inf for ages but..

. but i still dont know what the hill bug is. so, what IS the hill bug?

4. erehwoN

erehwoN The Bass Ackwards BTL

The infamous hill bug is where someone is stationary on an incline and to them it looks like they are actually there. However, in 3rd person or to anyone else, it looks like they are sliding downhill or at the bottom of the incline, thus they are difficult to find to shoot.

(and, no, I don't sleep :p )

5. zeep

zeep :(

ah!

i think i've never seen that one. at least, not with me knowing.

6. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

I'd be really happy if so...but I'm not getting my hopes up.

7. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

I think I've seen it on some rare occasions in UT, so... :(

8. Mucus

Mucus Gastronaut

It is an annoying bug. I have unknowingly taken advantage of it a couple of times. It is impossible to know that you are using it unless someone tells you.

There are couple of good sniping spots in Extreme Prejudice that are affected by the bug.

A similar bug exists in the Trenches map. If you go prone at the boxes at the rear of the map you essentially become invisable, but you have an almost unobstructed view of the entire map.

9. Sparky_NZ

Sparky_NZ Don't Flinch

I want them to fix the hit-boxes for when people go prone. While they're still going prone they get the prone hit-box, which is annoying.

10. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

SparkyUC, UT is a bit different compared to other games if ya talk about "hitboxes". UT itself only has one collision cylinder (your hitbox) that does not change at all even while crouching/kneeling and so you cannot crouch below obstacels etc...
    INF has 3 different collision cylinders or better 3 different measurements of it for our player model. So our soldiers ARE able to crouch or prone crawl below obstacles.
    So while going prone or back up standing we select one of these collision cylinders and do not even try to alter them while going up or down. The system is already complex and we don't want to blow it up so ya have to live with the fact that your collision cylinder while going prone or back up is not 100% representing your current animation. But you know where to hit and this is the same for all players so there is no advantage or disadvantage etc.
    Maybe we can get this system more smooth within the future.