2.87 2.87 2.87 2.87 2.87

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Defkon,
Well, I think one positive benfit to the teams release schedule has been the growth and encouragement of the community mutator development groups. I mean, how many mods and mutators exist for SF outside of aimbots? If there were releases every other month, I doubt a lot of people would contribute the kind of time that Yurch, Khutan, Keg, and BrownCow have give (among others). I think thats a very positive note. That being said, we have dot releases before to address serious issues.

It was just that they didn't feel that 2.86 was stable and bug free enough to be left on its own. Other than the P90 bug, there really isn't anything wrong with it. The stamina and rushing issues are a different subject altogether, and mostly up to interpretation as to the realism/gameplay balance. But that has been addressed by the community itself.

Think of it this way: every day that it isn't released means it will be all the more stable and balanced. So in a way, lets hope they take their time. Uhh, wait, what am I saying? Blaarg!*

* Royalty paid to Rogue

{Ghetto_Ghepetto}

I am #1 Asian big boob queen!
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Originally posted by DEFkon
I'm surprised the team hasn't adopted the practice of "baby step" releases, rather than the current practice which seems to favor trying to pack each release to the gills.

I guess on one hand your Release's have a bigger wow factor, but on the negative side you probably only release twice a year. Which means that while although your release is initially impressive, all the little annoying things that were overlooked (and they always are some, no matter how much polish you do) that aren't quite bugs, end up plauging your product till (or if) they're hopefully addressed 6-9 months later.

Where as with the "baby step" release approach releases are far more frequent (probably every other month or so) but aren't as feature rich per release. But hopefully over the same 6-9 month period the same amount of features would be ultimately added. Not only that but the more frequent releases are very helpfull for addressing area's that need those little touch ups. And more importantly it'll probably shut up 75% of the whiners.

And it seems the team is really trying to switch gears to the baby step program, or at least it seems to be a goal, but they just haven't made it.. after nearly ever one of the last releases i remeber hearing "this release consists of alot of foundational work which will allow for more frequent releases afterward".. heheh. oh well.

Well i along with all the hardcore fans eagerly await 2.87 and i salute those who's work goes into it.
DEFcon, The INF dev team did that for 2.85 (didn't they?) They had 2.85.3 and 2.85.5 before releasing 2.86. I'm sure many people agree, that it was a real pain in the ass to download all of those updates, and it got VERY confusing what to do. My friend spent about 3 days trying to figure out what to install and what to download. VERY VERY confusing. Other than that, I agree with you, I'm just not sure everyone would want to get so many patches that come along with "baby steps". just my $0.02

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Agreed, for both Monk's and Ghepetto's posts... frequent downloads might be okay for those who are always at the forums or have the mod's site as their homepage or whatnot, but for any more casual players, those who don't check the official site much or those with simply a slow connection would be very quickly turned off if a mod updated once every other week... although in the case of INF286 I'd like to have seen an official, non-mutator patch for the P90 bug...

Feb 26, 2001
England
I've got 2 theory's at the moment on 287.

1) It doesnt exist. The inf team have done nothing since 286 as they cant be bothered. They just thought they could scam some cash out of us with the so called "287 cds". :)

2) They are going to release on the same day as Counter-Strike v1.4 so all the people who didnt pay for the cd have wait times of around 150 days on fileplanet.

I given up on Inf until I see the new version. Playing 286 just anoys me now.

ragingsamster

oldfartis nongratis
Jun 4, 2001
Washington
Visit site
I predict that 2.87 will come out AFTER I get back from Chicago...

In fact I FORBID the Infiltration team to release 2.87 before March 2nd. Mwahahahahaha I have teh 1337 HyPn0+157 p0\/\/3rz!!!!

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
heh well keep it out your ass and it may help you break the habbit. I still don't understand how **** can be delicious but.... to each his own.... :p