2.85.5 bugs: I was 'telefragged' -- huh?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MongrelDog

Dec 23, 2000
Playing in Sicily Night this morning I was telefragged!?! I was about to open a door. An opposing player might have opened the door on me or else did something to me after I opened it. I died, without apparently being shot and the message said "You were telefragged by Mister X".

Did Mister X cheat or did him opening the door on me cause something which was reported as a telefrag?

It also appeared one time as though a round ended without a timeout with living players still on the losing team.

MD

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Was it possible he was lying prone on the other side? I have long been annoyed that when you step on a prone enemy, you die. Now that the death messages are in, I see that stepping on an enemy and dying is reported as a telefrag.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Yeah, I've had this happen to me, & I've done it (accidently) to others. If you stand on a prone enemy, INF thinks they've occupied the same space as you, so you get telefragged. For some reason it doesn't happen between friendlies though. Very odd.

Hilarious though when an enemy sees you, thinks they're going to knife you w/o your knowing, & then gets a little too close. Oops! :D

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
round

Yea SUPER prob with .5 when it comes to CLAN MATCH play is the round ending bug

http://www.buswerks.com/mufweb/tiebug.zip

There is a Demorec of the round ending twice because of people leaving. Thus the desire for clan matches to be held in .3 by the Muf clan. People drop out of matches at least once or twice a game only to come right back but that is a life and death situation when it comes to a close match. Something we aren't wanting to deal with.