1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

1 in 2 chance

Discussion in 'General' started by ProjectX, Apr 16, 2004.

1. ProjectX

ProjectX Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

Right, although we've got a 5 in 10 (1 in 2) chance of winning a prize in MSUC Stage 2 I doubt we'll come any higher than third. The main reason is that all the other mods have A.I. and we don't. Luckily A.I. will be easier knowing that UT2K4 has vehicle A.I. which we can modify. Other than that we would definately beat most mods out there.

Another point is that I am currently in my exam year. This means for the next month or so I won't be able to go very close to UnrealEd. Luckily my brother has risen to the task of polishing my maps for me (there are about 5 maps just passed the design stage). These will be released gradually as he does them. I'd just like to show my gratitude towards him for his immense help during such pressurising times.

By the way, have any of you seen that speedtree thing for UT2Kx? Talk about amazing it's a shame it's $1,000 because it's very impressive, there is the majjor downside that you'd have to spend an extra $1,000 on the 3DS Max or Maya versions to make your own trees as well.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  2. stevenhorton

stevenhorton Not of this World

ProjectX, I have downloaded the speedtree demo. I wish I hadn't:( It was like seeing the terrains that UT2003 would be able to build, years before it was released. My guess, and hope, is that future releases will incorporate SpeedTree.

3. ProjectX

ProjectX Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

Still it was quite amazing. And apparently easy to use, although I haven't sent of the fax for the trial sdk. I reckon UT2005 (mayb!!!) will hold speedtree, but it probably won't let us use it (imagine epic making a deal that will, in essence give 6million odd players the licenses to use $1,000 software, maya PLE was free after all)

EDIT: Another thing that will lose us marks is the buggy-like handling of the cars, I'm fine with the rest of the handling, but the deceleration when going up a hill should be increased dramatically. I've been up a more than 60 degree slope with the venom. This makes it very hard for mappers to make realistic levels without blocking everyone in with barriers all the time.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004