1 critical request

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
My request is that in the future beta there be a change in the code of the reset button so that it places you back at the last checkpoint (or at the playerstart for gametypes no using checkpoints) and that there be a five second delay before you can press it again. This will stop players making use of the bug that if you rapidly tab the reset button the car will slowlyu be placed higher in the air. Not to mention there are some places where I've been stuck and I've had to restart because being dropped 1/2 a foot above the place where I got stuck didn't help.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
I never found that bug before ProjectX:) Along those same lines, will the next release be for UT2004? Mine is ordered and pre-paid, so I will be able to update most of my stuff in a week or two.

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
stevenhorton said:
I never found that bug before ProjectX:) Along those same lines, will the next release be for UT2004? Mine is ordered and pre-paid, so I will be able to update most of my stuff in a week or two.

I hope not, I always end up getting stuff at least a month after the release date (xcept with UT2003)

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
I am doing two reset modes.

One is the existing one where you are just corrected and spawn a bit higher in the air (useful if you hit a rock and flip over or something like that). I'll make a change to this where you cannot use it again if you are over a certain height above the ground.

The other is a 'full reset' for when you either get really lost or really stuck. It will spawn you back at the last checkpoint/waypoint you went through/over/past. You can already see this in the existing version by driving into a out of bounds volume.

What do you say to using the fade out/in effect the same as the out of bounds volume does too, that way it causes an additional time delay so people can't abuse either options.

Don't start using UT2004 content until after Beta 2 is released (or don't include any maps which use 2004 content). I want this release to be UT2003 compatible still ;).

ProjectX

Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Great to hear it. The reset fade effect'll be perfect.

As soon as you release Beta2 of Unwheel I'll release my KB-Junkyardwhich requires a change in KBall physics (make it like a heavy lump of metal)

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
aww i uninstalled 2k3!! noo now i have to go through all that updating crap and install unwheel and no other mods... and not to mention re editing all that stuff... ah hell i dont even have to bother mapping my buttons to switch weapons or to shoot or anything i just want to play unwheel...

unless of course im patient enough to wait for unwheel 2k4...