Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
In addition to adding a "2" to the title of Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, Tripwire Interactive recently released a snazzy new trailer and announced a few new features:

• Immersive and robust first person tanking experience with a fully modeled 3d interior authentically recreated
  • Never fight alone - with a fully functional and animated AI tank crew you never have to fight alone again
  • Advanced functionality and interaction - a near simulation level of functionality streamlined for FPS players
  • Multiple crewable positions including commander, main gunner, driver, and hull mg gunner - take direct control of any position you want, and the AI crew will handle the rest.
  • Expanded damage system with full armor penetration system and internal component and crew damage

Spiney

Jun 12, 2010
Looks great! I'm turning a big fan of Tripwire.
I also like the more clean look of the trailer, no overdone post-processing like most UE games have - no lightbloom or fake looking depth of field. I hope the game itself will look like this.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
I checked the site it is an "enhanced" version of the unreal engine 3. How does a small studio enhance Epic's engine?

By modifying the engine source as they did with Killing Floor. Kind of overlooked now that UDK is the rage but it doesn't include the source access a full license does which lets you do cool stuff like this.

undyinglight

May 25, 2009
By modifying the engine source as they did with Killing Floor. Kind of overlooked now that UDK is the rage but it doesn't include the source access a full license does which lets you do cool stuff like this.

Ok I see. Correct me if I am wrong but it takes an upfront investment to licence the Unreal Engine 3, but for the UDK it is royalty based?

undyinglight

May 25, 2009
I am reading Mastering Unreal Technology right now for Unreal Engine 3 and I have to say I am impressed that such a small studio is able to improve upon something as beastly as the Unreal Engine 3. Hats off.

U

Unregistered

I must admit, it's very realistic. Very impressive for such small studio. I wonder why none of big guys have not bought it yet.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Looks cool. Only one critique. The death animation is weird at 1:03. They are running almost full out, then get mowed down by a machine gun nest and instead of falling forward they INSTANTLY stop (no slow down at all) and rear up with a default death animation. They should have been falling forward on their faces, etc.

Sorry but, it is pretty strange looking. The rest looked pretty darn cool.

Last edited: