MSUC Phase 3 Finalists, Part 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Another day, and more finalists from the Make Something Unreal Contest! Today we have the DM, CTF, VCTF and WAR finalists and honorable mentions.

Here are the Phase 3 finalists for the "Best Deathmatch and CTF" and "Best Warfare and VCTF Level" categories in the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest. We'll be announcing Phase 3 winners next week at SigGraph. This competition rewards top mods created for Unreal Tournament 3 with cash and hardware prizes in four preliminary phases and a grand final. Visit http://www.makesomethingunreal.com for full details.

Beyond Unreal (http://www.beyondunreal.com) has put together download packs of the finalists and honorable mentions.

Without further ado, here are this phase's finalists and honorable mentions.

Best Warfare and VCTF Level Phase 3 Finalists
  • VCTF-AggressiveAlley(Hot)
  • VCTF-Artemesia
  • VCTF-Refuge
  • VCTF-HangingGardens
  • VCTF-Octopus
  • VCTF-RocketForst
  • WAR-Araja
  • WAR-Industrial
  • WAR-FullWormGarden
  • WAR-Iscariot
Best Warfare and VCTF Level Phase 3 Honorable Mentions
  • VCTF-Strangelove
  • VCTF-Bay
  • VCTF-HighTides
  • VCTF-InfectionForest
  • VCTF-Silverpoint
  • WAR-AirMars
  • WAR-Bittersands
  • WAR-Imperia
  • WAR-Omikron
  • WAR-OrbitalDebris
  • WAR-Rizer

Best Deathmatch and CTF Level Phase 3 Finalists
  • CTF-Austere
  • CTF-Stratus
  • CTF-Transcendent
  • CTF-Eueus
  • DM-Incapacitate
  • DM-Rothem
  • DM-Chronomancer
  • DM-Foundry
  • DM-Nimius
  • DM-Revelator
Best Deathmatch and CTF Level Phase 3 Honorable Mentions
  • CTF-TownshipRebellion
  • CTF-Fasader
  • DM-BabylonNight
  • DM-ChronoFactory
  • DM-Conquestor
  • DM-Ember
  • DM-GrandDiablo
  • DM-Haze
  • DM-Quatro2B
  • DM-Propyl
  • DM-Rome

And, as the announcement said, we've put together packs of the finalists and honorable mentions, so you don't have to go hunting for them! You can get all of the maps in one easy bundle, right'chere:

Congratulations to all the finalists and honorable mentions! Winners will be announced next week, and more categories will no doubt be coming up soon, so keep it right here for the latest MSUC news!

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I dont get it, so these are the finalists... shouldnt there only be 5 of us? Congrats to averyone on the list. But can someone explain?

Edit: Angel< you say they are still yet to announce 2-5 so whos first? and I think I see what this is now, Just a list of the final 10 before the final 5

CTF-Austere
CTF-Stratus
CTF-Transcendent
CTF-Eueus
DM-Incapacitate
DM-Rothem
DM-Chronomancer
DM-Foundry
DM-Nimius
DM-Revelator

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
I dont get it, so these are the finalists... shouldnt there only be 5 of us? Congrats to averyone on the list. But can someone explain?

As with every phase there were finalist maps...usually more than the number of winning spots.

Now those maps are judged (or already have been) for the winning 5 spots of DM/CTF.

Congrats on Stratus.

Last edited:

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Hey BU, how about those fancy galleries with pics of the finalist? that would be awesome, pretty please?

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
As with every phase there were finalist maps...usually more than the number of winning spots.

Now those maps are judged (or already have been) for the winning 5 spots of DM/CTF.

Congrats on Stratus.
Oh yes silly me, I totaly forgot about that.

Hey BU, how about those fancy galleries with pics of the finalist? that would be awesome, pretty please?
I would like this too :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
We can probably do galleries of the finalists. This phase was just too big to do them for all the maps. Particularly with having to wait until IGN got them all up and then going through FilePlanet one by one to grab them...