New UT3 Bonus 'Titan Pack' Revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Commenting on the latest gargantuan upcoming UT3 patch, Steve Polge reveals that the next step for UT3 is to release the Titan Pack, "which is substantially bigger than any bonus pack we've released in the past."

That's saying a lot, considering the contents of some of their previous bonus packs.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
As long as it doesn't have the InstalledVersion = 0 bug that the MegaPack from UT2004 had I'll be happy. That was really annoying considering it bundled the final patch with it.

EDIT: Also, glad to see my prediction of "hopefully this means UT3 news soon after the GoW2 point release" came true :)

Let's see.... GoW2 patched, L4D patched with DLC on the way, TF2 is getting updated this week (supposedly), and now this + massive patch. Good time to be a FPS player :D

EDIT: He said gametypes. This will be interesting (Domination/Assault/Bombing Run/XMP?) to see.

Last edited:

phor

Jan 26, 2008
This is absolutely brilliant news! Regardless of all thes people saying UT is dying, there are many, myself included, who still love playing this game. Great to see a load of fresh content coming soon!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Well of course it's going to be bigger. The maps alone are huge in size and along with the textures, smeshes and audio, I'm sure the BP will be around what 700mb probably. Maybe 1gb.

Unless he means A BUNCH of content.

We certainly could use new retail assets, got freakin' tired of the space catwalk smeshes on almost every level people make. I'd download the pack even if it's over 1 GB, anyway, people download game demo of a even higher filesize, why not?

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
This is all pretty awesome news, but I'm wondering why so late with this update and bonus pack? What's Epic's aim? Are they going to rerelease UT3 with this stuff and hope it sells better? Are they just trying to repair ties with the community?

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
This is all pretty awesome news, but I'm wondering why so late with this update and bonus pack? What's Epic's aim? Are they going to rerelease UT3 with this stuff and hope it sells better? Are they just trying to repair ties with the community?

Probably busy with holidays + finishing up and patching GoW2 and any other projects they have going on. I'm sure the Midway financial crisis didn't help either.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I thought they were going to release Titan creatures as vehicles for UT3. Great to see some news about the expansion though.

os][ris

May 10, 2006

This is the biggest "patch" i've ever seen from them so I'm sure they've been doing this for a while. Plus all the GoW 2 patches they've done. And there's also that mystery PcF ip so they've been busy it seems.

I'm glad they didn't talk about the patch. Information like this is received much better when they keep there mouths completely shut.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
No easy way to say this so I'll just say it:

Get over it mate... It's was a demo what more do you want :)

Back to UT 3 now...

So yeah, why you edit my post in the quote so it read nonsense now. I was just pointing out demo can be over 1 GB large, so I don't see the fuzz about the content pack for UT3 being very large. Your post does not contribute to anything, I wasn't even specifically referring to FEAR 2 if it's what you're on about. Mate. :)

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
So yeah, why you edit my post in the quote so it read nonsense now. I was just pointing out demo can be over 1 GB large, so I don't see the fuzz about the content pack for UT3 being very large. Your post does not contribute to anything, I wasn't even specifically referring to FEAR 2 if it's what you're on about. Mate. :)

Fair enough... moving on then..

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
os][ris;2243735 said:
I'm glad they didn't talk about the patch. Information like this is received much better when they keep there mouths completely shut.

Considering their post-mortem was a lot lamentation about how they announced features such as "Conquest" way too early I'm inclined to agree with you

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
what's with all the UT3 related news today? :eek:
i mean, don't get me wrong - this is really great news. 'titan pack', biiiiig patch... sounds great :D

also, i couldn't care less about size these days. i mean, i downloaded the windows 7 beta recently and that was pretty huge already but since my computer's running most of the time anyway...

Considering their post-mortem was a lot lamentation about how they announced features such as "Conquest" way too early I'm inclined to agree with you

me too. all those announcements seem like tossing around ideas in retrospect.

Last edited:

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Just more to throw on the download size pile: how many people here bought L4D recently through Steam?

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
So, does this, "Added slight player glow support for darkmatch (maps with DARKMATCH at start of worldinfo name" mean that Darkmatch will be back as a gametype after 10? years?

Its not on the top of my Gametype list but its nice to see Epic actually DO something in this area. :tup: