Epic Games Posts Job Openings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

r1esG0

Unreal Engine Padawan
Feb 4, 2008
Seville, Spain
Ui designer... kinda shocking... really the pression from the community on the ut3 ui is making important things...

seriously, put in on a poll or simething, do anyone disagree that ut2k4 ui was pretty cool and functional,

i think this is the one most people wants, it has all the options that they need....

[DUF]-Fragger

Jul 9, 2002
The Netherlands
and... UI/HUD Designer? Hmmm... Could this mean anything for the UT3 Expansion?

Did they fired the one who worked on the UI? ;)

Could this mean anything for the UT3 Expansion?

No i dont think so, because i assume that they are already busy with the expansion. I think the same team that made UT3 will deliver the expansion.

Last edited by a moderator:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Well liek, shouldnt these positioned be filled already if they are workin on expansion? Thats assuming production has already started, which I kinda did considering the announcement.

seriously, put in on a poll or simething, do anyone disagree that ut2k4 ui was pretty cool and functional,

Actually I do disagree, I want something better than the 2k4 UI and no I dont think thats asking too much!

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Hiring someone specifically for the UI hopefully equates to the UI not sucking as bad as UT3's, whatever the project is.

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
this doesn't mean or imply anything,
stop making up news

Ok so the majority of UT3 players have a problem with the UI. Now Epic is looking for a UI/HUD Designer.
Yeah that means nothing at all. Totally unrelated. :rolleyes:

Anyway they're just speculating. No harm in that.
Why do you always have to be such a kill joy?

r1esG0

Unreal Engine Padawan
Feb 4, 2008
Seville, Spain
Well liek, shouldnt these positioned be filled already if they are workin on expansion? Thats assuming production has already started, which I kinda did considering the announcement.

Actually I do disagree, I want something better than the 2k4 UI and no I dont think thats asking too much!

obviously they cannot please to everyone, and always is going to be people who doesnt like the final aspect, no matter how will be, so i suggested the poll.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Ok so the majority of UT3 players have a problem with the UI. Now Epic is looking for a UI/HUD Designer.
Yeah that means nothing at all. Totally unrelated. :rolleyes:

Anyway they're just speculating. No harm in that.
Why do you always have to be such a kill joy?

Some people like to stick to factual information.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Or maybe he didn't got fired because there weren't any, they just gathered some guys at the studio with some experience.

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
Why do you immediately assume someone got fired? :rolleyes:

Besides, whoever designed the UI surely wasn't the only one(s) responsible for how it turned out.
Yup. There had to be someone to approve the design. Also what about feedback from QA and play testers and teh Demo?

Last edited: