XENO Model Released For UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
As the Make Something Unreal Contest Phase 2 ends, we're seeing a flurry of great new content for Unreal Tournament 3. X.E.N.O. is a top notch character model by EvilEngine that comes in both male and female versions and has quite a few interchangeable parts. The model is inspired by Borg, Alien, Terminator, Fem Bots and sexy playboy playmates. UnrealGrrl provides the voice - a note worthy of a download in and of itself!

SkinCity, of course, comes through with the download. Below you can check out a few additional pics we received.

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Props for the model. The screens do not do it any justice.

I was wondering, why doesn't anyone give their models normal hair anymore. Is it difficult to make in UE3 or something?

Last edited:

EvilEngine

GodMode
Mar 31, 2003
www.evilengine.net
Actually in game she does have hair. What you see in the pics is her without the physics enabled hair pieces. Theres actually a good selection of different hair and helmets to choose from. The only one by default without hair is the Xeno type 1 which is the one below with the veins in her face :)

Last edited:

Leak

Sep 1, 2008
Linz, Austria
Reminds me of Witchblade (manga or anime) somehow...

np: The Matthew Herbert Big Band - The Story (There's Me And There's You)

EvilEngine

GodMode
Mar 31, 2003
www.evilengine.net
Reminds me of Witchblade (manga or anime) somehow...

np: The Matthew Herbert Big Band - The Story (There's Me And There's You)

Good eye!
Witchblade was the design I was going for the fem. But with an alien/borg design instead of the sharp metal look of Witchblade. I may make a version more Witchblade-like though with spikes and sharp edges protruding out. But I am saving that for my "failed experiments" pack which will have the Xeno types that are mutants.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
Awesome content mate!! :D

Damn, it already feels like X-mas these days with so many great maps mods stuff getting released! :)

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Actually in game she does have hair. What you see in the pics is her without the physics enabled hair pieces. Theres actually a good selection of different hair and helmets to choose from. The only one by default without hair is the Xeno type 1 which is the one below with the veins in her face :)

I know, but I didn't mean that. I meant hair that isn't tied up or anything (hope that's more clear, I don't know how to say it different in English).

Also it isn't a critic or anything. I was just wondering that aloud, because I do not see normal hair models in any UE3 game. They all have short hair, have their hair tied up or haven't got any hair at all.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Looks really nice. But what's up with the half naked stuff?
It's Unreal Tournament. :p

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004

There's a contradiction in your sentence there. Half naked IS very Unreal Tournament. Unless, ofcourse, your Hugh Hefner...

Last edited:

EvilEngine

GodMode
Mar 31, 2003
www.evilengine.net
I know, but I didn't mean that. I meant hair that isn't tied up or anything (hope that's more clear, I don't know how to say it different in English).

Also it isn't a critic or anything. I was just wondering that aloud, because I do not see normal hair models in any UE3 game. They are all have short hair, have their hair tied up or haven't got any hair at all.

Well for one, alpha blending is kinda borked for character materials. It can be done but it breaks the whole shader so theres no normal mapping, or specular.
What ut3 does use for characters is masking for the alphas and that looks kinda crappy especially if the alpha is a low res texture. So its possible but you have to be creative in doing it.

EvilEngine

GodMode
Mar 31, 2003
www.evilengine.net

Its an acquired taste. If you like your women bulky and covered in armor , so be it but this game needed some women who looked like women not boys covered in metal.
And if you follow technology at all you would know good things come in small packages, especially nanotech. Small lightweight armor is sometimes much more durable and stronger than heavy bulky chunks of steel.

:D