xbox 360 leaked images.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
GG security - Cameras on mobiles? Feck NO!

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11772

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
I don't really like the design all that much, especially the controller. And the stupid name. But...I'm sure it will be fun and all that jazz.

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
edit: im probably stating the obvious or already known.. but looks like it has internal wireless/ir support.. and wont use corded controls.. pretty cool id say. (IR controls)

the psx or ps3 whatever its called looks better/cooler to me but thats only becuase im not much of an xbox person.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Controller looks like the slimmed down version of the controller used for the xbox, so nothing revolutionary there. Keep what works is what i say, like what sony did with the ps2/ps1 controller, and i hope they carry it over to the ps3. And really, whats with the name xbox 360 is it supposed to run circles around the other consoles or something. If that were the case, it would end up right back where it started :lol:

And heres some forshadowing for ya. xbox360 is supposed to be released at the end of the year and the other consoles will follow in mid 2006. Remember dreamcast was the first to release there console a year before all the others and look what happened. It flopped like fish on dry land. I can see the same for the 360 unless microsoft has some whitty plan and it better be a damn good one.

Super Feen

probably not a skrull
Jun 23, 2001
Erection Cove
It looks cool except for the controller which looks like some cheap computer pad. And I hope the PS3 can stand vertical also, then I can use them for the legs of my Nintendo Revolution stand!:p

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:
Remember dreamcast was the first to release there console a year before all the others and look what happened. It flopped like fish on dry land. I can see the same for the 360 unless microsoft has some whitty plan and it better be a damn good one.

It's backed by Microsoft, not Sega. I wouldn't worry about it flopping.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Cpt.Toilet.exe said:
Remember dreamcast was the first to release there console a year before all the others and look what happened. It flopped like fish on dry land. I can see the same for the 360 unless microsoft has some whitty plan and it better be a damn good one.

Everone likes to say the dreamcast was released "mid-generation"; the power increase over the N64/PSX wasn't all that great, and the competitors (particularily the PS2) just came by and outright crushed anything the dreamcast was capable of.

Here, the Xbox360 looks like it's on par with what the competitors have in mind. The specs sure are day and night compared to the current line of consoles.

Anyways, looks good, and I like MS's decision to change the controller layout; I never did quite "get" the xbox's controller, and the new design looks a tad more intuitive (no more clear/black buttons!). Also, are there now two shoulder buttons per side or is it just a piece of plastic on top?

Dunno about the shiny ghost-white or the uplifted button wells, though.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Is that really it? Damn, that's ugly, or so I think. :eek: I hope they change it to something that looks more badass. As it looks right now XBox 360 looks....well....let's just say that would not look good with my other home theater components and room. I'd have to hide it somewhere if I owned one. I like their attempt at something sleek, stylish, and futuristic, but that's just too minimal and too much white/silver/light green. Black and sliver (and green) plz, k thx! :p

And how do I hide it if it's using IR controllers? 0_o I hate buying batteries for that crap. Just give me the wires already. :(

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
i think you can buy 'face plates' a dumb waste of money, but i guess if you really had to you could..i dont care for the look really..