Streamline Studios Releases AS-Confexia

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Streamline Studios, creators of retail map ONS-Torlan as well as the UT2004 introduction movie have released their first Assault creation: AS-Confexia.

Streamline Studios is proud to present the next leap forward in assault mode game play. AS-Confexia is a large scale Assault mission for UT2004 with extensive use of ground and flying vehicles. The mission is to attack a large and well defended fortress located in an urban wasteland. One round usually lasts around 35 minutes.

AS-Confexia furthers our commitment to delivering only the best to the gaming community. We are developers who came from the MOD community, and will continue to strive to make quality maps that will entertain and excite you for hours. We hope you enjoy this map as much as ONS-TORLAN, and encourage all the MOD developers to never stop trying or believing. It’s all possible.

Download AS-Confexia from BeyondUnreal FileWorks

KiloDelta

Rogue
Feb 14, 2000
Toronto, ON
40+ megs for a freakin' map?

this better be good.

**2 hours later update: HOLY **** THIS MAP RULES!!!!!**

Last edited:

ShadowFox

Feb 14, 2004
Okay.. got it working a second time.. but I guess its time for my settings to come down. This map has raised the bar on one thing anyway.. minimum requirements!

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Only about 3 months late, but oh well, its here now!

downloading right now... i'll update this post after I check it out.....

its good... but holy ****... admins better but the clock at at LEAST 20mins, cause this map is enormous, and takes a ****load of time to beat even 1 objective, without anyone firing at you.........

also, it runs really good on my computer.

objectives could have been alittle more diverse too, this "destroy this and that" fad is getting pretty old. I was hoping for an indoor battle inside the big tower for the final objective. something like "race to the top and pull the lever" type of stunt.

Last edited:

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
Let me say one thing about this map: IT IS IMPOSSABLE TO COMPLETE ALL THE OBJECTIVES WITHIN THE GIVEN TIME LIMIT, UNLESS YOUR ARE PLAYING AGAINST A SEVERELY UNDERMATCHED TEAM.
Also, crashes your game when you switch sides, when it starts, after the intro, basicly whenever it can.
Runs like crap, but thats a given.

Mad Max RW

Road Warrior
Nov 13, 2003
www.duckandcover.net
God damn, at 30 minutes I was only halfway through the objective list, but every second of it rocked. Very VERY awesome stuff. You take the future war setting from the Terminator movies and add the vehicle combat from UT2k4's Onslaught and this is what you get. Runs great for me without having to lower settings. No crashes...yet. Crazy amount of detail. My only minor gripe is it's kinda easy to get lost and there's a lot of what look like secret paths actually leading to dead ends. Stick to the main path or spectate first before jumping in.

The intro movie is kinda cool, although the narrator might be difficult for some to understand at times.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I'm sure it's great and everything, but half an hour? That's a bit TOO long for me..... 10 minutes, 15 tops. That's just too big. :p

ShadowFox

Feb 14, 2004
Nemephosis said:
I'm sure it's great and everything, but half an hour? That's a bit TOO long for me..... 10 minutes, 15 tops. That's just too big. :p

I'm happy to see something different personally. The long time makes the battle seem a bit more epic.

Now if they could just fix the crashing problem.

Sparky

Retired Administrator
Dec 6, 1999
Australia
www.beyondunreal.com
This would have to be one of my favorite AS maps, it's size is mad! Not to mention the amount of vehicles avaliable really gives that edge it needs. Great work to those involved! :tup:

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
The long play may make it not work with other maps in server rotations, but a few servers with this playing non stop it may be good,

I dunno if theres a way to change timelimit for just one map on a server though :|

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Is de 'wrecker'-announcement new ?
I got it while playing this map and after a few vehicles while on foot ...

30 minutes has got to be the minimum for this map.
I'd say it takes +/- 10-20 minutes to finish this map without any opposition at all.
The only problem is that all the objectives simply require you to destroy them. :(