• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Renegade Retard
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah, I might check out Rogues, could be interesting. Got my copy of Half A King on Tuesday. Might be a while before I start reading it though.
    Currently reading the Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb. I'm about a quarter of the way through the second book and so far I haven't been this hooked since ASOIAF. Check it out (if you haven't already) if you're looking for really excellent fantasy.
    I just finished reading Scott Lynch's 3rd book. His first book, "Lies of Locke Lamora" was outstanding. His 2nd and 3rd books were good too, though not quite up to the standards of his 1st. I would highly recommend "Lies...". Joe Abercrombe is a fan of his as well. ;)

Speaking of Joe, I believe his next book is coming out in July.
    Speaking of authors, you reading anything at the moment?

I'm about 50% through Mark Lawrence's Prince of Thorns. Pretty dark, pretty good.
    Oh, and another thing. I keep wondering who Shy's mother was. It couldn't have been Ferro, right?
    Ahh. Our nine-fingered friend rides off into the sunset to hopefully turn up again someday.

Red Country was awesome! I mean, how could I not love a book with my favorite Abercrombie character? When I was reading the chapter when Sworbreck kills Cosca, all I could think about was where Shivers was going to turn up... and lo and behold, there he was in the next chapter.

I'm glad Shivers did what he did. That finally made him good again in my eyes.

The only thing I wanted Abercrombie to do was to say his damn name! Give me a Logen, at least! For him to tell Shy his real name. But I guess I can't have everything I want!

Well, here's to Joe A.'s next trilogy and after that his return to the Circle of the World!
    While I'm only about 100 pages in so far, let me just say this: I hope that the Bloody-Nine can convert Shivers over to the good side again. And while that probably won't happen (most likely one of them is going to die), I really hope it does. I still kind of have a bit of love for Shivers because of the First Law and Best Served Cold and hope somehow he'll still come around.
    And now Shivers is back in Red Country lol. Here's hoping the Bloody-Nine takes care of him in this book.
    Finished The Heroes. All I kept saying was: fucking Shivers!

It's hard to believe I really liked Shivers at one point. Good job Calder for not killing his bro and fucking Bayaz... The Great Architect is always at work.

Also, glad Gorst is back in Jezal's good graces, but he's really messed up in the head. And it was cool that Craw went back to the black business. I didn't think he'd stay when Hardbread showed up.

All around pretty good book. I started Red Country yesterday and my boy is back! The Bloody-Nine!
    Ren: I'm a little over halfway done (Gorst just killed Scale) and I just gotta say: I'm totally rooting for Calder.

Pretty good so far.

Edit to say I'm also rooting for Gorst.
    Finished Best Served Cold last night. Great book! Monza is awesome! I definitely thought the ending was good. With about 50 pages or so left, I figured Joe A. would have everyone killed, but he didn't and I liked that. Pretty much every character was awesome. Excellent read! On to The Heroes.
    Finished the trilogy. Thought it was pretty damn good. I'm left with a bunch of questions, of course, but hopefully some will be answered in the next 3 books and maybe all of them will be answered in Joe A.'s next trilogy in that world.

Friggin' Dow...
    Also wanted to say my favorite moment so far... it actually got me to shout out "HA!" and gave me a huge grin.

When Logen finally met up with Dogman and crew. I'd been waiting 2 books for that to happen. :)
    Will do. I already have Best Served Cold and The Heroes sitting on my bookshelf staring back at me. Red Country will be next to them very shortly.

Joe A. is a pretty amazing writer.
    Just thought I'd mention that I'm about a quarter of the way through Last Argument of Kings (book 3 of the First Law) and so far it's been amazing! Abercrombie's characters are so interesting, you just have to know what will happen with them next.

Definitely glad I started reading his stuff. And really interested how the First Law is going to end.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…