Stargate-Streissand Mandeline Effect?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Help me....

I don't know what's going on. I happened to see some episodes of SG1 where I'm staying, the up-to-ninth season stuff is more or less how I remmeber it, but the ninth season I don't remember almost any of those episodes. I used to be one of those stargate nerds long ago. But god...is it so dumb. That shield episode and how they didn't figure it out until too late that their weapons are only enlarging the shield and...another episode being fucking racist and..I don't remmeber being it this way. Did I come from different universe? did the timelines change/clash? There are things that some people don't remmeber like making a certain mod but via web archive I found out it existed, to the surprise of everyone, so perhaps its not me that changed? What is going on here?!

And if I'm from another universe, is there a way for me to GO BACK??!!

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Stargate is no more or less racist than it ever was, though I don't recall what racism you're referring to as I didn't see any when I watched it.

The shield thing wasn't so obvious the first time around for anyone who hasn't seen similar in other series, which I have but friends watching the episode with me when it first came out, who hadn't, didn't immediately get it.

You're in the same universe... but you know what they say, the memory is the first thing to go.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Stargate is no more or less racist than it ever was, though I don't recall what racism you're referring to as I didn't see any when I watched it.

... but you know what they say, the memory is the first thing to go.
I agree with you. Some people just make shit up.......

..... and some things need to go.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Well to begin with parallels were drawn (not by me but once they were drawn) with Teal'C becoming truly the "White token guy" there. The episode "Babylon" feels racist when they capture that guy at the base and have him strapped and Teal'c talking to him like he's the "bad black dude" and that sort of stuff. You get my point. It was never that obvious until that moment.

And it is this episode especially that I remember being different originally but maybe I am confusing it since that group of "samurai" jaffas appear multiple times over the series maybe. But maybe I just repressed parts of it and didn't see the racist connection until it was pointed to me. But some of it just feels so dumb to me after all those years. I was probably a lot dumber back then, too.

EDIT: I'd be tempted to edit one of those wiki entries https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Babylon_(episode)
like :
"Racism" is is the eighth episode of the ninth season of Stargate SG-1.

It features black guys, they are big guys, for you....

Also has asian children to hammer down the Last Samurai theme, despite there seemingly not being any adults of the same "disposition".

EDIT2:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/8/80/Babylon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20071211041733
George Floyd makes his revenge move...

EDIT3: COVID1900 comes from Stargates
https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/PRIOR2_virus
EDIT4: https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Orlin
O'rlyn was a descented small guy, for you...

Last edited:

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Okay, none of that was racist. Speciesist, maybe in some cases, but not race. The Jaffa are not human anymore, haven't been for hundreds of years since they were converted by the Goa'uld. As to that other stuff, Teal'c didn't become that either.

You're referring to inferences made by fans and not actual elements of the show.

Side note: Your George Floyd reference is highly offensive. Don't be using the man's memory like that.

1 more thing, this is a scene from Babylon: I count 5 Black, 4 Caucasians, 5 adult Asians... so no, it was not just the kids.
5353822_800.jpg

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Obviously you guys never grow up to be able to take a satire that's a little bit more edgy than you're used to.

You can call me OW! The EDGE. From now on.

Well you have good eyes evilgrins, I didn't notice that at all as I was focusing on the guys fighting during that scene. But perhaps they should have showed them together with the kids at some point because this way its really like, maybe they cut scenes with them because of the running time requirements I don't know.

But maybe instead of reporting people for innocent jokes you should focus at reporting police brutality like was pointed at me by this:

https://m.facebook.com/100000925205749/posts/5378032045570916/?d=n

I don't visit facebook but the video was described to me. It might involve the same cops that attacked me back in 2015 however. I was also subject to police brutality multiple times so basically you're now harassing a victim too. Bye.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I honor memory of George Floyd, you see it would be very good to imagine instead of Mitchell that there would be the cop that killed Floyd you see.

That's what should be done to those bastards, oh hell with non violent protests. Revenge is the best option. We can either do it innocently with jokes like these or, if we're being supressed, we go take it up THE ELEVEN. Haha.

They did a similar choking thing with my partner and I saved him. Did any of those people standing by do a thing than to shout at the cop? They watched him DIE! So who's the coward now? I CAN'T FUCKING HEAR YOU!!!

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Okay Leo, a couple things:
1. I didn't report you.
2. There's something seriously wrong with you if you think anything about what happened to that man is a joke.
3. If I saw police brutality I would report it.
4. According to you your victimization took place years ago, so I am not harassing a victim.
5. You are trying to use your victimhood to justify making fun of a more recent victim... which makes what you did worse.
6. Revenge is never a good thing. I have high hopes for his trial, though.
7. Nobody else mentioned a coward in this thread other than you.
8. You can't hear anything, these posts don't make sound.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I didn't say I thought what happened to the guy was a joke, you're just putting words in my mouth.

Yes you are because police abuse happened to me in recent past too, I was just pointing at those specific ones however.

And you've also became a stalker.

I won't bother responding to your last point if you just fail to understand sarcasm.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
I understand sarcasm, though it's easier to recognize when I can hear someone speak rather than read text on a screen.

You may've been referencing Floyd in light of what happened to you, but the manner in which you did so didn't seem kosher... and clearly I'm not the only one who thought so.

I'm not stalking you, you 're posting on a public forum plus I'm a geek. I saw "stargate" and what's what brought me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.