What TV series are you watching?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I usually post a lot of movie stuff but, because a lot of those have been first-run at cinemas..... well the cinemas have been closed lately.

I have got a lot of movies on bluray and DVD that have been borrowed from people recently but I seem to be catching up on a lot of TV series.

Project Blue Book season 1
Supernatural season 15
The Mandalorian season 1
War of the Worlds season 1
Better Call Saul season 2 and 3
Operation Buffalo mini-series about nuclear testing in Australia but a fiction using the history

I've got a few Marvel and DC series to get stuck into.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I'm currently watching Better call Saul season 5 with very slow progress because I watch it while I commute which is currently about one day per week.

The last thing I finished watching is Beastars season 1 which I went in knowing almost nothing about.
If anyone had told me what genre this show is (slice of life, coming-of-age, high school drama) I wouldn't have bothered because that's just not for me.
If anyone had told me that the main protagonist is such an accurate representation of an
introvert
that an anthro wolf turns into the, by far, most relatable character I've ever seen anywhere, I wouldn't have believed a single word.
If anyone had told me that the story of a
wolf falling in love with a rabbit while struggling with his instincts that drive him to kill and eat her
would make me care about romance in media, a thing I haven't given a hoot about in the last 40+ years, I'd have told them they are completely nuts.
The world building, characters, presentation, music, story... everything is so bloody well done that this turned into my most favorite show ever.
That is the weirdest thing that happened to me in 2020. And we are talking about 2020.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Started watching this pre-COVID but the series went well into the first lockdown. This was a brilliant doco series:

Country Music is a documentary miniseries produced by Ken Burns and written by Dayton Duncan that premiered on PBS on September 15, 2019. The eight-part series chronicles the history and prominence of country music in American culture.

Country_Music_TV_Series_Title_Card.jpg

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Bosch, need to work out where I made it to and catch up with it. Really enjoyed the books and its cast very well indeed.

Need some newer shows to watch as I just find myself watching stuff over.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I'm done with Better Call Saul S5 (I told you I'm slow). Next is Baki (2018) P3. Also slow.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I had an unusual amount of time to watch things.
Finished Baki
Watched BNA in a futile attempt to find another thing like Beastars. Didn't work out at all.
So I re-watched Beastars. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Started Gotham S5

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Two documentary series I've been watching:

Secret History of Comics
The series Secret History of Comics takes a deeper look into the stories, people and events that have transformed the world of comic books.

https://www.documentarymania.com/results-series.php?search=Secret+History+of+Comics
James Cameron's Story Of Science Fiction
Award-winning writer, director and producer James Cameron explores science fiction's roots and futuristic vision through interviews with Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Ridley Scott, Christopher Nolan, among many others.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/james-camerons-story-of-science-fiction

Reactions: Balton