Tales from the lockdown

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
"I'm amazed at what's going on in America and people wanting to put their own lives at risk."

I'm in Florida and really nervous about everyone going back out myself.....yikes!!!:(:biorifle::wtf:

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Gotta say the lack of social contact is is really getting to me now.

Yep! I love my family and all but not seeing any friends or really getting out of the house now for 8-9 weeks is taking its toll mentally.

For me, any others what's worse is the constant Zoom meetings that are trying to replace that interaction which I'm just getting more fed up with.

I'm in Florida and really nervous about everyone going back out myself.....yikes!!!:(:biorifle::wtf:

Yeah its not good. I'm sorry your idiot leader sees the death toll as a badge of honor

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Yep! I love my family and all but not seeing any friends or really getting out of the house now for 8-9 weeks is taking its toll mentally.
It's worse for me. I have neither family nor friends that live close by. And I can't just go out and meet new people regardless of a pandemic. The entirety of my social life happens in the office.

... which I've been to on Friday for the first time since this all started. Three of my coworkers were there. I spend some time talking to them and also had the opportunity to spend some time with the office dog I bonded the most with. The day was like a holiday.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Actually, sorry Hunter for saying "It's worse for me" as if I knew how you, or anyone else, experiences their life.

Reactions: Hunter

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
It's not only rats, the simple people are slowly going nuts. Some people have even rioted in my district(okay, the usual antifa leftist cunts, no surprises here) citing the George Floyd incident as justification for burning banks, shops, cars of people who probably havnt even been to the US ever.
I wish these people will all be punished.

If you justify commiting injustice with another injustice you are wrong.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hey Balton, are you still here?

Ugh, I really (like most people) need a change of environment. I really, really missed traveling to another country last year. More specific, being in nature. Not the cities, but nature. Five months in this situation. There's also been a 21 week curfew. Don't leave your house from midnight to 5 am. It's still in effect.

I really wish I could leave this city etc. for a long, long time. This is extremily suffocating.
In May they plan on re-opening the restaurants, bars. By then, they'll be closed for six months. Damn virus. OR even more, even more.. the people who've gotten us into this second lockdown. The selfcentrered assholes.

Hadmar

Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Things aren't exactly good for me and I already know several events that will take place in a couple of weeks and a couple of months that will make things even worse.
FML

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Things aren't exactly good for me and I already know several events that will take place in a couple of weeks and a couple of months that will make things even worse.
FML

Take it steady! :(

I can't believe its been almost a year since this all started.

I think I'm finally getting used to working from home but my god I need to see more people that isn't via a zoom call. I also wish more people took masking wearing seriously :(

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah, especially that. Been at the train station today, and naturally mask wearing there is mandatory. But there are always some assholes who won't be wearing a mask. And it really gets annoying. Nowaydays I'll try and avoid going to the trainstation, but this time I had no choice.
I don't know what exactly is so challenging wearing a mask correctly. A year ago, when we weren't used to it ... that was different. But now?
I mean, I don't make a habit out of wearing a mask that has the tendency to regularly slip off (I'm looking for a better way of saying this) the nose. Mine always fits. How hard can it be... aha.. haaaa...

Now it seems the numbers are increasing again, and there's a record number of people treated on the icu. ffs... how much longer does this crap have to continue.