I'm ashamed to say... (Unreal Singleplayer and co-op)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
I've been playing UT99, UT2003, and UT2004 since release and never finished a playthrough of the original Unreal. I should really get on that soon.

I know there are mods for co-op that increase the difficulty and change some game mechanics, but I'm assuming it's as easy as just throwing up a server and giving people the IP for them to join, right? Are single player maps selectable from the multiplayer menu or nah? Sorry for the dumb question, It's been a while since I had a copy of the game installed. I gotta purchase it again soon.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Yes, you should get on that soon.
As for the SP maps in MP - I don't think so. You might be able to open them in MP. Like, you open an existing MP level and then type 'open whateverlevelyouwanttoplay' in the console. Can't guarantee that works, though :p

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
SP maps can be selected with the coop gametype like any other map. You'll want the 227 patch from OldUnreal.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
I've been playing UT99, UT2003, and UT2004 since release and never finished a playthrough of the original Unreal. I should really get on that soon.

I know there are mods for co-op that increase the difficulty and change some game mechanics, but I'm assuming it's as easy as just throwing up a server and giving people the IP for them to join, right? Are single player maps selectable from the multiplayer menu or nah? Sorry for the dumb question, It's been a while since I had a copy of the game installed. I gotta purchase it again soon.

Here is a link to Old Unreal listing all the single player maps available, for those who haven't found them and would like to find some additional options to play:

http://www.oldunreal.com/maps/single/

I've got about 32 of them installed on my computer. Gives me something to do when I don't have anything else to keep me occupied.

Freddie

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Here is a link to Old Unreal listing all the single player maps available, for those who haven't found them and would like to find some additional options to play:

http://www.oldunreal.com/maps/single/

I've got about 32 of them installed on my computer. Gives me something to do when I don't have anything else to keep me occupied.

Freddie

I would also suggest that, if you're looking for maps and commenting on them, you try this site:

Mapraider

http://www.mapraider.com/

People who want maps or want to comment on maps should go there and probably not come back here.

Please don't bump ancient threads. If you really have to at least make a post like Freddie did.

2015? Please lock this thread then. Who?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
You bumped it yourself Manticore from the looks of it. Says November 15 2017.

Now you're trying to make it look like you don't know who bumped it?

It's starting to look like it's not me who needs "pills".